Smove is a young company that thrives on a clear vision to make cities more liveable and to solve all pain points around vehicle ownership by developing a service model around mobility & transportation.
We are very ambitious, but also know that great things will take time and there are no shortcuts to building a lasting and sustainable business with a great culture.
If you are a thinker-doer & self-starter, bring a growth mindset and you keep challenging yourself by building something meaningful, please continue reading. If you are able to thrive in an environment without clear-cut processes and even better, able to create lean, agile & innovative processes yourself, this job is for you.
As a General Manager at Smove Sydney, you will lead the Sydney team to effectively manage our operations, coordinate with customer service and marketing, be responsible for certain financial and operational KPIs, enable our fleet operations at all locations and ensuring a positive experience from our partners and customers.
- Develop, establish and maintain strategies to grow the business and meet organisational objectives.
- Ensure accountability and responsibility for key P&L and customer related experience KPIs.
- Coordinate all functions of the business that have an impact on the above P&L numbers and KPIs.
- Work closely with marketing, finance and customer service to ensure the whole business is sustainable.
- Forecast requirements and prepare an annual budget, schedule expenditures and initiating corrective actions.
- Monitor Sydney market and performance against plan and influence performance improvement along with procedures and standards, as appropriate, to maximise long term profits.
- Manage company’s pricing to ensure a balance between maximum utilisation and revenue per car.
- Maximise long term usage of fleet to increase revenue.
- Implement action plans to boost productivity and customer service-standards.
- Manage relationships with key operational vendors.
- Oversee direction and guidance to everyone in the Sydney Team.
About you: The Challenger
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in similar roles.
- Diploma or Degree in any disciple.
- A track record of being data driven and metrics orientated.
- Experience in high growth organisations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal and organisation skills required.
- Sound leadership skills and the ability to lead by example.
- Well developed and proven judgment and problem solving skills.
- Self motivated and self directed, takes initiative.
- Open minded, with an energetic and positive growth mindset.
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Startup experience.
- Car sharing experience.
- Locally based in Sydney.
- Extensive knowledge of the Sydney area.
If this sounds like you and you are driven to learn new things, get in touch. We have high expectations but don't be afraid to contact us.
If none of our current roles exactly fit but you are extraordinary at something and passionate about what we’re creating, we’d love to hear from you anyway!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.