With 25 million pets and counting, Australians love their pets and leaving them while on holiday, at work or even during the day can be stressful for both animals and their humans! Mad Paws is Australia’s largest marketplace for pet sitting and pet related services; the platform allows pet owners to search for pet sitters in their local area and find someone to look after their best friend when they’re not around. We launched 4 years ago and we have been showing extremely strong growth, which we are very excited about. We are venture backed and recently partnered with Qantas to accelerate our expansion.
The Mad Paws Pack is made up of a talented and passionate team working towards creating the largest pet community in Australia. We work hard, whilst also making sure to never take ourselves too seriously and enjoy every minute of this exciting adventure.
As the leader of the Customer Experience department at Mad Paws it will be your main responsibility to make sure Mad Paws provides the best customer experience for our community of passionate pet lovers. You will be responsible for optimising the service our Customer Success, Account Management and Pet Sitter Management teams provide.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with strong communication and problem-solving skills. This is a role which has a clear and direct impact on the growth of our business with important strategic and executional components. You will report directly into the CEO and work closely with the executive team to define the strategy of the company
Importantly, you are an inspiring people leader, heading up the Customer Experience Team and setting an example for the larger team (35 people) as part of the leadership team.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Day-to-day Management:
- You will oversee the day-to-day activities of the Customer Success, Pet Sitter Success and Account Management teams
- The team and/or team leads of Customer Success, Pet Sitter Success and Account Management will report directly into you
- You will oversee all Insurance Claims and any escalations that require your help
- People management:
- Everyone at Mad Paws is jointly responsible for our team culture and should take the lead in building and maintaining our values
- As a part of managing the CX team you will be responsible for regular 1-1’s with your team members, as well as constantly helping them learn and grow in their roles. Your team will comprise of ten team members across the three teams. Two team members are based in the Sydney office and eight are part of our offshore team in Manila
- Departmental strategy:
- Responsible for analysis of the Customer Experience metrics
- Strategising about the future of the Customer Experience Department and helping to shape it to ensure we are able to sustain our rapid growth
- Continuously implementing processes to improve the quality of Pet Sitters and Pet Owners on Mad Paws
- Conducting training and developing incentives for our offshore Customer Success team in Manila
- Managing the recruitment of new employees and the creation/definition of new roles within the CX department
- Business strategy:
- As part of the executive team in the company, you will play an important part in creating the overall strategy setting of Mad Paws
- Creating quarterly strategy for the CX department and monitoring the progress of that strategy
- You will work closely with the other Heads of departments to provide customer insights in order to prioritise the strategy of our product, and to solve the main problems our customers are facing
- People focused. You’re naturally great at dealing with people; whether listening to our customers, absorbing insights from other internal teams, or setting proper expectations with internal stakeholders;
- Leadership: you care about your team and they feel it. You are inspiring, decisive, take ownership, empower your team, and don’t shy away from tough decisions.
- You have experience managing a customer facing team. Ideally you also have experience in managing an offshore Customer Service team
- You have an affinity with pets: this will help you understand and communicate with our users who absolutely love pets;
- You are self-motivated and you take the initiative;
- Being proficient in Excel is a definite plus as you will be required to perform some analysis to create targets and OKR’s
- Efficiency and process obsessed. You hate inefficient processes and you are skilled at creating processes to eliminate them;
- You don’t shy away from getting your hands dirty and are willing to take customer phone calls and answer emails to get to know and learn from our customers
- You are eager to learn and constantly improve yourself; we constantly need to find better ways to do things;
- You know how to prioritise and understand that perfection is not always the goal: we need to get things done
- You are highly organised and system oriented: you will help Mad Paws scale efficiently
- You are energetic and enthusiastic
- You are tech savvy: it is important to always think: “How can technology solve our problems?”
So you’ve got the skills, you’re still reading, and you’re wondering if you’ll find a good team fit with us at Mad Paws?
- If you’re the kind of person who likes seeing something scale really quickly, and loves directly seeing the impact of their work, then you need to get on board.
- You love learning from the people around you and love teaching them something new as well
- You enjoy working with a passionate and driven team of high performing individuals who respectfully challenge themselves and each other to deliver the best experience for our customers
Where is this happening:
- Based in Pyrmont Sydney. Our own office but part of WOTSO Co-Working Space
- Perks include:
- Free coffee, cookies and awesome chill out areas (in the building);
- A passionate and hard working team
- Of course, dog in the office!
- 15 minutes walk from Town Hall Station;
- 10 minute walk from Chinatown
- 1 minute walk from the Sydney Fishmarkets
We’re super excited to receive your applications and we can’t wait to meet you!
- Please e-mail your CV and motivation letter to our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org