Are you an experienced content marketer who loves creating SEO-led content strategies and wants to work for a high-growth tech startup? Have you worked with international teams to drive traffic growth in multilingual markets? We would love to hear from you!
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million active users across 180+ different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the job:
As the International Content Marketing Manager for Canva you will have the opportunity to work on one of the fastest growing platforms in the world and help create the content that supports it.
At Canva, we work every day to make a significant, positive impact on society. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone. Launched just over 5 years ago, Canva provides an easy-to-use online graphic design tool that is used by more than 10 million people across the world. Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
Canva’s entire vision revolves around “empowering the world to design”, and we’re looking to accelerate this strategy in our international markets.
As the International Content Marketing Manager, it’s your mission to establish our international blogs as the place to go for information on design and marketing in their local markets. You will liaise with and mentor a team of remote workers, ensuring are given all of the support and context they need to succeed as local representatives of Canva. Alongside the local content marketing leads, you’ll be using SEO research to create a content strategy, with the aim of bringing significant traffic to the blog.
About the team:
Content Marketing has had proven success at Canva: our English language blog has over 1.5 million monthly readers. We are looking to replicate this strategy in the international market.
You’ll be working with experienced content marketers and SEO specialists who are keen to support the growth of the Canva blog. You’ll be working in our Sydney HQ, and will be supporting our teams in markets such as France, Mexico, Russia and Germany.
What you'll do:
- Leading remote teams to create a content strategy based on SEO research and iterating on the strategy based on proven successes
- Assist in rolling Canva’s content marketing strategy out in key markets
- Contribute to Canva’s global growth through the increase of traffic in key markets
- Coordinate in-country research and gap analysis and maintain on-page content with SEO best practices in mind, using WordPress CMS
- Identifying opportunities for traffic growth in international markets according to SEO and content marketing principles
- Reporting with rigour, avoiding content for content’s sake and moving the needle
- Being a champion of the Canva tone of voice and brand identity
What you will achieve in the first 3-6 months
- As with any early stage business experiencing fast growth, your role and its core areas of focus are likely to evolve significantly over time. We empower our people to adapt their own role for scale. Some of the key goals that you should be seeking to achieve over the coming 12 months and beyond to facilitate this are:
- Goal #1 – Launching Russia and Germany blogs Lead the content strategy in new marketings, ensuring it is following the Content Marketing playbook and relies on strong SEO keyword research. Manage and support the Russia and Germany content marketing leads and uploading teams. Stakeholder in the outreach and SEO research process, working alongside Panos and Ivan to ensure the appropriate support is being provided and standards and targets are upheld. Work alongside team leads to identify opportunities for and to accelerate traffic growth.
- Goal #2 – Accelerating existing i18n blogs Audit existing blog content, identifying opportunities for optimisation. Study existing local SEO research to identify new angles for blog posts to lead to traffic growth. Ensure month on month acceleration of traffic growth.
- Goal #3 – Increasing conversions Optimising established blogs to drive conversions with on-page improvements (templates, etc)Identifying middle and top of the funnel content and working alongside local leads
You'll love this job if:
- You enjoy creating SEO-focused content strategies, keeping the big picture in mind while also coming up with specific story ideas and briefs.
- You are highly organised and methodical. You have an eye for detail, and are a skilled editor.
- You have a passion for writing long-form articles that educate, inspire and inform your audience. You know how to use voice and tone.
- You’re committed to using your content marketing skills to grow a business.
- You like a strategic approach, rather than just churning out content for the sake of it. We’re focussed on content with impact.
- You are able to develop content quickly and strategically.
- You are comfortable working with a remote team, while maintaining a collaborative approach and keeping the lines of communication open.
What we're look for...
- Experience leading remote teams or international teams.
- At least 4 years professional content marketing experience.
- Experience growing traffic, not just ‘doing’ content marketing.
- Strong editorial judgement.
- Strong understanding of SEO.
- Very collaborative and solution focused approach.
- Passionate about great content and how it contributes to user experience and enables the growth of the product.
- Self-motivated and well organised.