Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organisations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
The primary role is that of Facilities management, with the responsibilities for all building related services including space management, vendor management, office maintenance, budgeting and budget tracking, and shipping & receiving functions. This position is highly visible and requires interfacing with members from all levels of the organisation as well as vendors and landlord representatives. We are looking for a friendly, flexible and energetic personality with excellent customer service skills and significant experience in facilities management.
- Manage and direct personnel to ensure that offices are serviced and maintained according to established Bugcrowd standards.
- Support the team in managing employee requests.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and create working relationships with business leaders and managers.
- Manage facilities operations including office maintenance, food services, mail service, office supplies, customer service and other operational scopes.
- Manage all Environmental Health & Safety issues within the region to ensure compliance with local laws and code requirements.
- Ensure that offices meet all Bugcrowd facilities standards and processes, and report performance in regular team calls.
- Assist with landlord/property management relationships, compliance with lease agreements.
- Develop and implement sourcing, engagement and management of vendors per Bugcrowd policies and guidelines for facilities related services, such as building maintenance, janitorial, coffee/tea service, plant service, catering service, food/snack/beverage supplies, recycling/waste management, equipment maintenance, mail/post services, ergonomic and health & safety contractors.
- Monitor the performance of all third party service providers to ensure service level agreements are maintained.
- Oversee minor construction projects in the region including coordination with building management, vendors, the design & construction team, and contractors.
Space and Security Planning
- Utilising space management tools - maintain seat occupancy data and provide accurate capacity reports when required, proactively manage any variances.
- Ensure physical security standards are maintained, manage the issuance of badges, track visitor badges and ensure access control.
- Provide second level contact for emergency response.
- Participate in the development of, and manage operational budgets.
- Track, analyse and report operational budget status on a regular basis.
- Proactively identify cost-saving opportunities on a regular basis.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Thorough understanding of facility operations
- 2+ years experience in corporate facilities management or related field
- Good analytical skills and use of databases and spreadsheets
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to influence others
- Ability to effectively engage with Managers cross-functionally
- A practical sense and ability to implement
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Educational qualification in Real Estate, Operations, Facilities Management or related field.
The company is authorised to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include identity verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.