At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Launched in August 2013, our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool that is used by more than 10 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs (that’s 20 designs created every second). And we’ve only achieved about 1% of what we’re capable of …
The mission of Canva’s Vibe team is to ensure everyone at Canva is empowered to do their best work every day, by providing an incredible workplace and environment for our team to thrive. Here’s a small taster of some of what our team does:
Our internal catering. Yep, we provide breakfast and lunch every day, to more than 500 people globally). Our incredible team of chefs prepare amazing fresh and nutritious meals each day, that bring our teams together to bond and share with one another.
Organising external and internal events and celebrations. We organised more than 100 events last year, from a Woodstock themed team planning day, to a hackathon for Indigenous entrepreneurs, to 15 offsite days for every team in our company
Managing our global construction projects. We’re about to open a brand-spanking-new 7 storey building in Sydney, which will hold up to 400 Canvanuats. We’ve also opened an office in Beijing, and expanded into three new floors in our Manila office.
Running our facilities. Keeping our workplace running smoothly is no small feat. Day-to-day we ensure that the lights are kept on, our spaces are working smoothly, and our team members can sort out any questions or concerns as quickly as possible.
Supporting our team’s to be effective. We also support our teams with everything from our fortnightly all-hands, to supporting them with their goal-setting, celebrations (we do a lot of these when our team’s hit their goals) and more.
We’re looking for an incredible coordinator who can help our team take things to the next level. As a successful candidate, you’ll help us set up systems and processes to help our team scale.
This role will be critical to the success of the Vibe team as we grow - the glue that holds the team together. This person will be across all Vibe team operations and ensure clarity and scalability through documentation and systemisation of all Vibe team activities.
- Managing our team’s calendar and ongoing planning, to ensure we successfully track and project manage all our regular events, team cadences, office operational tasks, and maintenance schedules
- Overseeing communications within the team, and broader company, to ensure everyone knows what we’re up to
- Setting up systems to optimise Vibe processes, including establishing a ticketing system for internal requests, rolling out checklists for all our standard operating procedures across our food & beverage and facilities projects, and helping to scale initiatives across our offices
- Supporting with goal-setting, planning, and reporting to ensure our team is aligned and tracking towards our goals
- Developing and maintaining Vibe policies including things like our OH&S policy, our club activities, birthday celebrations, and internal team guidelines
- Supporting the team’s growth and development, through developing and maintaining our team’s onboarding process, and aiding with hiring
- Partnering with our other People teams to ensure effective office operations, including planning for office relocations, coordinating with our internal comms team on Vibe events and initiatives, and our process for supporting teams with celebrations
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years in project management, operations, or hospitality management.
- You’ll have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail.
- You’re an incredible systems thinker, and like to solve problems by designing great systems that help teams have a greater impact.
- You demonstrate a high degree of judgement and can juggle a diverse range of priorities.
- You are able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You’re a great communicator, and know how to convey your message clearly in any format, whether it’s writing a document, designing a presentation, or speaking to a group.
- Organisation is your middle name. You thrive in a chaotic environment.
- You naturally embody Canva’s values and can represent them within the team and externally. You understand the balance of our Vibe team and can help them shine, and get credit for all the work they do.
- You’re not afraid to learn new things, and figure stuff out.
- You can balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things; whatever the job calls for!
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations