Redbubble was born in 2006 in Melbourne. The dream was simple. Give independent artists a meaningful new way to sell their creations. Today, we connect over 600k artists and designers across the planet with millions of fans. As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped artists earn over $100 million since launch.
(We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work.) We take our values pretty seriously and work hard to build open minded, open hearted teams.
Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background.
Our Product Design Team believes in a highly collaborative working style, so as a Product Designer, you will be working closely with Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers on a variety of interesting design challenges. We have a bias towards rapid prototyping, experimentation and regular validation with our users. We get excited about solving user experience challenges using simple empathetic design solutions and we hope you do too.
- Actively contribute to Redbubble's product design strategy.
- Use your full range of product design skills, including visual, interaction, research, analysis and prototyping, serving as the Voice of the User within your assigned Product Team, communicating user insights and uncovering opportunities
- Be a key member of the user research initiatives within your team, designing tests, running sessions and conducting interviews
- Own the design within your team through to implementation and ensure a consistent approach to high-quality design execution
- Address and unearth user problems by creating designs, flows, wireframes and prototypes and putting them in front of users
- Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams
- Share creative excellence and enthusiasm for meaningful design
- 3+ years designing for product, design, or creative project teams
- Uncommonly brilliant design skills--visual and interaction design, information architecture, experience flows, wireframing and prototyping are among the most important
- An open attitude and confidence collaborating with user researchers, product managers and developers
- Experience with usability testing and user research methods
- Comfortable working across multiple platforms, with experience delivering solutions across native (iOS) and web platforms.
- Passionate about good design, product ownership, communication and collaboration
- An ability to bring your design solutions to life through interactive or code-based prototypes
- A natural relationship builder with a desire to work across your team and the entire organisation
Some of what you’d come to expect when you join the RB family:
- Meaningful work that allows you to fulfill your purpose, by working towards a mission you believe in
- Perks that help you plan ahead like commuter discounts, daily meditation sessions, and a generous personal development budget to keep you up to date with the latest tech trends
- A belief in our future with generous discounts on our site and referral incentives
- A commitment to you - With ergonomic work environments, fully stocked kitchen with nourishing options, and wellness stipend for gym or a massage.
- A commitment to our community - We are in the second year of our employee volunteer initiative club where we pitch in to help community focused organisations.
- A commitment to change - We partner with organisations like Code Like a Girl and Techtonica to help create more equal opportunity for those systemically underrepresented in technology.
- Through living our shared values you will be given the courage to fail fast and have fun as you embrace new challenges in a safe, inclusive environment.
Still wondering what life is like as a Designer at Redbubble? Check out our Key Values page and read what our teams love the most about working at Redbubble.
How to apply
We're keen to see a body of work that showcases your visual (UI) design skills. In your portfolio and resume, give us real examples of projects where you considered the experience and usability (UX) of a product.