At Canva, we work everyday to make a significant positive impact on society. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Started just over 3 years ago, Canva provides a simple-to-use online graphic design tool that is used by more than 10 million users across the world. Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
The People Team is a critical function at Canva. The continued growth of the business relies on the ability of the Talent Acquisition and Team Happiness teams (you probably know us better as "Human Resources") to work together to source, attract, and retain world-class talent. As a result of this exciting, growth, the People Team is seeking a Staffing Services Associate to support one of Australia's highest-performing internal recruitment and HR teams.
Leveraging the latest recruitment technologies and platforms, you'll be supporting an extremely talented team of people with previous experience at Atlassian, Spotify, Google and various boutique international recruitment and executive search firms.
Key to the success of Canva are world class product, business, and engineering teams. Thus, you will be collaborating closely with the business to ensure we're working in sync as a productive People Team
- Support client groups with recruiting processes including scheduling interviews, hosting candidates, reserving interview rooms and liaising with candidates, leaders at Canva and their administrative partners, as appropriate.
- Perform as a Team Happiness (HR) Associate as part of your role and deliver on various initiatives in this area
- Improve processes using a data-driven approach including optimisation of interviewer loads, identification of trends and issues in the scheduling process, and execution of initiatives to increase efficiency and improve candidate experience.
- Ensure the integrity of the information entered into our applicant tracking system and promotion of modern recruitment best practices
- Be a cultural ambassador for Canva
Required Experience & Skills
- Demonstrated experience as an an in house recruitment coordinator
- An interest in learning HR duties and deliverables
- Experience in improving processes, identifying issues in processes and suggesting user focused improvements.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills – you must be 100% comfortable writing emails, preparing candidates for interviews, and communicating with internal stakeholders.
- Vigilant organisational, inbox management, and documentation skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Proven capacity to develop and maintain successful stakeholder relationships across the various functions at Canva (tech, product, business, etc)
- Interest and passion to work within a fast-paced, cross-cultural, technology product startup environment
- Experience managing small projects with a focus on quality and on-time turnaround of deliverables
- Desirable – Previous experience in a startup would be beneficial.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered