Are you ready to be a Finance Rokt’star?
Rokt is seeking an experienced and technical Senior Accountant to join our growing team, based in Sydney. This is a full time permanent position reporting to the Accounting Manager (with a dotted line into the SVP Finance & People, who is located in New York).
Rokt is in a period of exceptional growth, and this is a great role for anyone looking to accelerate learning, build new things, work across cultures and enjoy working at a company with a positive, ‘can do’ culture.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the day to day accounting for our APAC entities, with some additional input into other markets and group responsibilities with your global finance colleagues. It is a hands on role and requires the individual to be interested in being involved in all aspects of finance for a fast paced start up. You must also have a natural sense of intellectual intrigue and desire to scope, research, and recommend best practice approaches to new finance challenges as they arise.
To be successful, you will need a sound base of knowledge in financial reporting, gathered through tertiary and professional studies, along with relevant experience. An understanding of international financial reporting standards will be a plus.
Flexibility and tenacity are key and no job is too small or large. You will demonstrate strong communication skills. We work to support each other as a team globally at all times. We truly live our company value of ‘Smart with Humility’.
You recognise how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast. You must be a highly driven, energetic and focused individual that can work well with internal and external partners at all levels. You will be expected to problem solve, drive process improvements and exercise good business judgment in this role.
- Responsible for accounting for APAC entities, as well as some group project responsibilities
- Analyse monthly financial data and make sure all monthly activity has been recorded and reconciled
- Execute processes related to month-end and quarter-end close, including P&L, Balance Sheet, cash flow and variance analysis.
- Payroll and employee reporting (include expense management)
- Prepare data for the preparation of income tax and indirect tax compliance (FBT, BAS, GST returns etc).
- Compile the data for the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Assist with the Statutory Audit process
- Create strong business partnerships and manage service levels with third party service providers
- Provide support to internal customers as required
- Manage the global stock scheme maintenance program
- Identify and drive process improvements across the board
- Support finance management in design, testing and roll-out of financial reporting systems/tools/processes
- Other ad hoc projects, which may include, but not be limited to, M&A accounting, scoping new markets, banking and debt/covenant management etc.
- Proven: Bachelor’s degree (Accounting, Business, or other relevant field); relevant prior experience in a technical financial reporting environment (at least 3 years). Experience in fast paced technology, marketing/advertising or services businesses will be looked upon favourably. You should have your CA or CPA qualification (or be close to completing this).
- Communicative: Strong communication and interpersonal skills. You enjoy working with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams across different geographic locations. You keep others in the company informed and up to date on your priorities, current tasks and work completed. You are consistently looking for ways to improve yourself professionally and you encourage constructive criticism of your work.
- Strategic: You are a strong, analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation. You are well organised with strong time management skills. Ability to think ‘outside the box’ and be open to a fast paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Dedicated: You are hardworking, keen to improve and take on challenges. High level of attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Experience with accounting systems
- Experience utilising G-Suite apps will be advantageous
Working for Rokt has many perks and benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Health and wellness monthly allowance
- Employee Share Scheme, meaning all employees have a financial stake in the business
- Technology allowance
- Training allowance
- Company end of quarter training and events two times a year (one global, one regional)
- Casual dress
- Generous paid time off policy
- Lunch provided 3 times a week
- Staff awards program
- Generous staff referral program
- Job-related training in-house and allowance for external training applications/contributions
- Global network which offers opportunity to transfer to other markets
- Snacks, coffee and drinks