At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Launched in August 2013, our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool that is used by more than 10 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs (that’s 20 designs created every second). And we’ve only achieved about 1% of what we’re capable of …
About the Finance team:
The finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams.
The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.
- Learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals.
- Develop and grow in an inaugural role with the ability to make decisions that impact the development of the business.
As the finance teams duties and activities continue to develop and expand to support the growth of the business across multiple geographies there is now a requirement for a dedicated Senior Financial Analyst to help support the Finance team and the wider business with internal reporting, forecasting, modelling and analysis.
The primary role of the Senior Financial Analyst is to take responsibility for financial analysis & BizOps activities at Canva. This person will be key in providing detailed business insights on a regular basis to support not only the finance team with internal reporting but also the wider business with budgeting and forecasting. This person will also work to establish a regular cadence around revenue reporting, particularly on the B2C side, working with the wider business to help teams understand what levers need to be pulled in order to drive increased revenue and profitability.
We’re a fast moving business so change is frequent, you’ll be comfortable working in a hands on, dynamic environment and have excellent communication & negotiation skills.
- Ownership of all financial modelling, forecasting and analysis both within the finance team and in the wider business
- Assistance with and ownership of key sections of internal reporting to the founders
- Assistance with and improvement of team reporting across Canva’s 15+ teams
- Developing a framework and regular cadence for revenue reporting
- Working with investors and analysts on information requests and investor reporting
- Assist with the automation of internal reporting through the use of software
- Help teams within the business to budget effectively and analyse performance against budgets
- Ad-hoc involvement and support in wider strategic initiatives
What we look for:
- A keen eye for detail, a strong desire to keep learning and you enjoy upholding high standards of excellence in the services you deliver. Operating in a fast paced environment you are able to adapt quickly, manage workloads and meet deadlines with support and oversight. You have excellent communication skills and approach tasks with a problem solving attitude, with a constant lens of continuous improvement.
Also, we’d love it if you had…
- At least 2 years investment banking or private equity experience;
- Professional experience in a commercial environment would be a bonus;
- Degree level (or equivalent practical experience) qualification in a relevant field such as commerce, finance, accounting or economics;
- Comfortable and experienced in analysing large volumes of data, being a wizard at Excel is a must;
- Experience with analytical tools or SQL would be an advantage;
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Self motivated with a desire to learn;
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines, and;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered