Want to make a genuine impact in a hyper-growth SaaS product lead company?
With over 90,000 businesses now on the Deputy platform, our team has done exceptionally well in scaling the business and building out product functionality. We've only scratched the surface in terms of what we can do for the global economy. Want to learn more? Apply today!
Due to Deputy's success and growth around the world and our goal to deliver faster with high quality, we're seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Test to ensure we keep growing into an extraordinary team delivering more of what our customers love.
You will focus on the efficient and effective development of Deputy's product and services, ensure we release the highest quality software quickly and push the team to be world class. You will be key to driving a quality centric, rapid iteration culture.
You will have a growth mindset and always be on the lookout for better ways to do things. This is an amazing opportunity for you to be at the forefront of creating a world-class delivery and development function.
What you'll do
- Architect and build robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Build and maintain tooling to facilitate testing across environments
- Implement strategies and tools to measure and report on coverage
- Test for scalability, reliability, consistency, and performance
- You'll write White-Box tests (component and Integration) and Black-Box tests (API, UI and E2E)
- You will define test plans, test specifications, test suites, and test cases
- You'll work with your team to ensure extensive unit test coverage of the code
- Partner with other engineers to improve and automate test and release processes
- Contribute to the team’s effectiveness and efficiency through setting an example of best development practices
- Communicate with product and technical stakeholders
How you'll do it
- You will be an exceptional communicator with an emphasis on collaboration with others
- You work with Engineers, Quality Coaches, Product Managers, and Discipline Heads to drive the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies
- You have the utmost integrity, be open and honest, have a growth mindset and not be afraid to speak your mind when it is in the best interest of Deputy
- You're balanced, both personally and professionally, who acts with good humour and positivity
- Consistently question the value of what we are doing and why we are doing it. Is this the right thing for Deputy?
- Be a customer advocate
What you'll need
- Ideally 5+ years software engineering experience in a SaaS environment
- Experience with test frameworks, automation tools, static and dynamic code analysis
- Passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD
- Experience in a modern OOP language is essential
- Experience working with large-scale cloud-based environments – AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Experience with API (REST Web Services) automation
- Quick learner with passion for keeping abreast of latest technology and finding the best approach to solving testing problems
- You have a combination of in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance and Software Engineering principles and practices
Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
Why IVP Invested in Deputy
Winner of Westpac Innovative Business of Tomorrow 2018
No. 5 on Forbes Cloud 100 for 2018: Rising stars
Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics reported over 80 million hourly workers comprising over 60% of the US workforce in 2017. Global estimates are that hourly workers are 80 – 90% of the workforce. Yet while hourly workers comprise such large majorities of the global workforce, there is a stark lack of software tools available today that directly address their needs.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this videos: Deputy Explained
Check out why our customers love us: GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now