Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organisations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
We are looking for a Software Engineer for our team in Sydney. We're a highly technical group who are well versed in building enterprise-ready and highly secure software systems. We deploy code to production multiple times a day and prioritise delivering features that delight our users.
You will be based in our Sydney office working alongside other similarly-structured teams with particular focuses of their own.
- At least 3 years of Ruby/Rails preferred.
- Experience leading an agile team, running SCRUM meetings, managing predictable delivery of features
- Embrace test-driven development and code review culture
- Design and write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code.
- Must be based in Sydney or surrounding area
- Security development best practices (OWASP, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking and hosting concepts (DNS, SSL, load balancing).
- Good understanding of performance issues relating to large complex / big data systems.
- Our team consists of a broad range of musicians, hipsters, adventure sport junkies, nature lovers, Dads & Mums. We work hard but we play hard as well.
- We work collaboratively and enjoy working as a team.
- We prize communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Agile development environment. Things change. We are good with that. You should be too.
- Our customers and the white-hat hacker crowd come first! We are here to delight them and bring them value.
- Competitive salary
- Features ship to users every day. Your work has almost immediate impact.
- Company-provided health and disability insurance
- Visits to our San Francisco HQ and opportunities to attend other relevant hacker/security conferences on company dime
The company is authorised to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include identity verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.