Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars, through their invention of a new type of LiDAR, called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the world’s greatest investors and with a team that has already delivered an amazing product, Baraja is the next Australia based, globally focused, $B tech company.
Having recently closed a Series A round with Sequoia Capital, Blackbird Ventures and Main Sequence Ventures, we are searching for an experienced Solution Architect to join our Information Systems Team based in Sydney. The Information Systems team is responsible for delivering digital solutions to support Manufacturing, NPI, R&D, People and Culture, Finance, and Customer Relations across Baraja bringing new products for the automotive and automation industries to market: from concept phase to customer evaluation and mass manufacture.
You will be results oriented, hands-on, self-motivated, enjoy working on challenging problems and consider innovative solutions to those problems. You will show a flexible attitude and love working in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will be passionate about solution architecture with experience in designing IT solutions in a manufacturing environment. In this role you will have the potential to make a significant impact on the future of the business.
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Lead involvement in all lifecycle stages of IT projects – architecture, design, and implementation of Industry 4.0 vision.
- Deliver fit for purpose and adaptable business, technology and solution architecture across the enterprise, with a focus on delivering business outcomes
- Architect, design, facilitate, lead, direct, and implement cloud platform initiatives.
- Designing and implementing IT infrastructure for Manufacturing, Product Development, People & Culture, Business Development and Finance.
- Writing detailed system process documentation across domains.
- Solving difficult technical problems with initiative and rigour as part of a team
You will need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
- Extensive experience in full software development life cycle in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience working on cloud based ERP systems particularly Odoo.
- Experience working on Big Data, Data Lakes, Data Movement, Data Analytics or Machine Learning.
- Experience implementing DevOps platform across the enterprise.
- Experience supporting enterprise applications in a fast-growing company or similar.
- Experience in project management and ability to plan and manage own deliverables.
- Experience in designing and implementing cloud solutions across multiple business domains.
- Influential communication skills and a professional, customer-focused attitude.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to take ownership of a project, and curiosity to learn about all aspects of the business and get involved in other projects
- Current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis
It would be great if you also had:
- Solution architect role in regulated environments (manufacturing, medical, automotive, defense, rail).
- Experience within a start-up or similar fast-paced environment with customer-driven products.
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life.
We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.