Head of Creative Strategy at Koala
Apply to Koala
Apply to Koala
Koala is a successful and well known Australian business – thanks largely to its brand.
Throughout 2020 we’re launching 10 products, all designed in-house. We have aspirations of becoming a global lifestyle furniture brand with our Japanese business already launched, and we'll expand further internationally over the coming years.
Why we have this role @ Koala
We are looking for a Head of Creative Strategy to lead our creative team and continue to push the creative boundaries of what’s possible on digital and traditional media channels. They will be the custodian of the Koala brand and lead our internal agency of videographers, editors, graphic designers, art directors and copywriters.
The Head of Creative Strategy will build on what has become one of Australia’s most talked about brands by taking risks and turning heads with campaigns that continually make Koala famous.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Translate the brand vision and business goals into creative briefs and campaigns
- Manage and lead a team of creatives to develop campaigns from ideation through to execution
- Responsible for workflow (sprint management) and overseeing production of creative content ensuring we keep the high velocity of creative output
- Work cross-functionally to develop key messaging and go-to market strategies for new product launches and markets
- Act as a source of clarity for the team ensuring campaign goals are defined, ambitious and right for the business and that there's a shared vision among cross functional stakeholders
- Facilitate collaboration between your team of copywriters, videographers, designers, art directors, and brand managers
- Continually improve the team’s execution process to improve quality, speed, and collaboration
- Review all content to ensure content is high-quality and information is correct and on brand
- Manage the two speeds of content being “always on” and “big branding” campaigns
- Project management in Asana of all creative team tasks and deadlines
- Consistently measure the success and effectiveness of our work in market and identify opportunities for adjustments and improvements as needed
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years’ experience working within an agency or in-house consumer brand
- Experience managing a creative team and working in a face paced environment
- Experience in concepting and bringing to life innovative/award winning creative campaigns
- Experienced in writing insightful briefs and leading compelling briefings that guide teams to innovative, boundary-pushing work
- Familiar with channel strategies, including full funnel, traditional and digital advertising, direct response programs, email, website, mobile, search and social media.
- Experienced in and comfortable working cross-functionally with various key stakeholders throughout the organisation.
- Experience leading, coaching, driving and inspiring a team of creatives
- Demonstrable knowledge showing creative use of data/how data informs creative
- Understanding of how to get the most out of creative ideas and how they best perform in media
If you think you're what we're searching for, send us your cover letter, CV and portfolio and tell us why you think you'd be a great fit!
- 37-41 O'Riordan Street, Alexandria, NSW, 2015