Lead Product Manager at Kounta
Apply to Kounta
Apply to Kounta
Kounta is the go-to platform for hospitality.
Kounta is an Australian food service technology expert that works with people who love to produce, sell and consume food – so they can connect better, work faster and smarter, and keep growing.
We’ve experienced some phenomenal growth to date, and we now have a huge opportunity to accelerate that growth by improving the way we identify opportunities, design solutions and deliver value to our customers, both new and existing.
We’re looking for someone who’s transformed product teams through exceptional leadership, process improvement and sound strategic thinking. Someone who is also commercially minded, and is able to bring this perspective to the table when working with Product Managers on the product strategy, roadmap and delivery. Excellent communication and organisational skills are a given.
You understand the importance of measurement, and have experience uncovering and leveraging data to help in both prioritisation and tracking success. You’re also very capable of approaching problems with an empathetic lens, and working with Product Design to ensure our customers are always well represented in prioritisation and solution design.
If you’re self motivated, enjoy sinking your teeth into a wide variety of challenges and get excited by the prospect of working with a talented crew who are doing things a little differently, then chances are you’ll love working at Kounta.
What you’ll do
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to define the product strategy and roadmap
- Mentor and manage a team of Product Managers and a SCRUM Master, to grow their capabilities and confidence
- Manage the Leadership team’s expectations around roadmap prioritisation and delivery
- Encourage teams to deliver quickly and iteratively, and hold them accountable to do so
- Optimise existing processes, or implement new ones, to help the organisation better plan, prioritise and deliver
- Optimise / introduce tools and/or technologies to aid in the software development process
- Interface with global Product Teams to collaborate on solutions and integrations
- Ensure cross-squad projects and dependencies are well identified and managed
- Ensure the customer is always represented in the prioritisation process - through coordinating and summarising quantitative and qualitative research
- Ensure the business is always represented in the prioritisation process - by assessing the commercial viability of each new feature or integration opportunity
- Liaise with commercial partners (add-ons, integrations etc.) through design, development, certification and pilot phases in order to validate, prioritise and deliver expansion revenue opportunities for Kounta
- Work with the Leadership team on pricing strategies for new products, features and integrations
- Set clear, measurable goals for product initiatives and then track, report on and communicate performance against set goals
- Keep Product, Design, and Engineering aligned to the roadmap and Squad goals
- Work with Product Marketing, Sales and Account Management to drive adoption of new products and features among new and existing customer segments to achieve profitability for Kounta
Who you are
- You’ve got 4+ years experience in Product Management and people management with a demonstrated record of success
- Ideally you’ve worked extensively in SaaS and B2B software development
- Plenty of experience applying Agile and lean methodologies
- You’re well versed in influencing, mentoring, developing and leading others
- You’re capable of developing strategy, but also a very strong executor - who can motivate people to get things done
- Passion for data and analytics, using data to make decisions and growing the data literacy of the team
- Outstanding organisation and communication skills
- You foster teamwork and collaboration
- You’re very comfortable liaising with, and building rapport with third party software and integration partners
- You don’t feel out of your depth in high level technical discussions, and understand how things fit together
- You’re keen to actively contribute to and grow our amazing company culture
- Brew up? We have a full self-service cafe set up in the office featuring coffee from Australia’s finest roasters (think Mecca, Sample, Industry Beans etc.), with our very own coffee experts floating around to teach you a trick or two
- Gelato Messina fridge stocked with new flavours on a regular basis
- Fully stocked fridge of different craft beers #PoweredByKounta
- Regular wine tasting sessions #PoweredByKounta
- Work hard and play hard with table tennis and foosball
- Organised activities such as hackathons, board game nights
- Awesome new office space located in Chippendale
Kounta hires the best and brightest. You’ll be joining a team who love creating unique experiences for our partners and customers.
To all recruitment agencies: Kounta does not accept agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to Kounta employees or any other company location. Kounta is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More jobs at Kounta
- 36-42 Chippen Street, Chippendale, NSW, 2008