Senior Electronics Laboratory Technician at Morse Micro
Apply to Morse Micro
Apply to Morse Micro
Are you an experienced microelectronics laboratory technician? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices?
Morse Micro is Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup that is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. You will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
As our Senior Electronics Laboratory Technician, you will be based at Morse Micro Headquarters in Sydney and play a key supportive role across all chip design, firmware and systems teams by performing essential electronics technical lab work.
Your main responsibilities will include
- Being the go-to person for the chip design, firmware and systems teams with their laboratory technical work
- Gather and interpret specifications for construction and modification of electronics assemblies and test systems
- Make or modify electronics and custom test rigs based on needs and specifications
- Gather information across all technology teams to meet multiple needs and come up with innovative solutions
- Documentation of procedures and electronics tests results
- Day-to-day management of the Morse Micro electronics lab including keeping the laboratory in efficient working order
Essential skills and experience (you must have)
- Expert micro-soldering skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in an electronics laboratory environment
- Tertiary qualification in Electronics (TAFE or University)
- Master of electronic test and measurement equipment including, but not limited to oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, function generators, and meters
- Ability to gather and interpret specifications for construction/modification of electronics
- Expert communicator and active listener
- Highly organised individual with a passion for keeping an outstanding laboratory environment
- Can do attitude and resolve to complete high quality work in time constrained situations
Bonus skills (if you have those you can stand out among the crowd, don’t sweat it if you don’t)
- Experience designing electronic circuits for test characterisation and various prototypes
- Experience with electronic component selection for board and module design
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium tools
- Ability to interface with PCB manufacturer and assembly contract manufacturers
Who we are
Morse Micro is an Australian fabless semiconductor company creating Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) systems-on-chips (SOCs) for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power, long-range Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. Today we are a team of thirty-five based with offices in Australia, USA and China. We will be growing significantly over the next 2 years.
What we offer
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
How to apply
If you are interested in being Morse Micro’s Senior Electronics Laboratory Technician, send us your resume and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you should become part of the Morse Micro team.
A note to recruitment agencies - We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About Morse Micro
- 63 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010