Wireless Systems Specialist at Morse Micro
Job DescriptionApply to Morse Micro
Are you passionate about the science behind wireless systems? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
You will be responsible for the systems design that will define the performance of Morse Micro’s chips. As a senior member of the technical team, you will interface with technical implementation teams as well as explaining Morse Micro’s capabilities to large customers. The role will be supported by expert consultants with decades of experience developing advanced radio systems.
Starting date for this role would be immediately.
- Complete Design cycle from idea to mass production
- System design & modelling of WLAN Physical layer
- Design of algorithms to compensate for and calibrate Analog and RF imperfections
- Work with Analog and RTL Design teams to transition from MATLAB/C to RTL
- Cycle and Bit Accurate verification between C and RTL (or other methods)
- Chip bring up on bench, with adequate knowledge of required instruments
- Support of chip qualification and product engineering
- Debug of chip functional and performance problems
What we’re looking for
- Wireless systems engineer with 5+ years relevant industry experience in WLAN/LTE industry
- MSc or PhD in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering
- Experience taking wireless chips to mass production
- A deep understanding of wireless systems (OFDM, channel equalization, digital filters, calibration of direct conversion radios, etc)
- Expert in Matlab/Octave
- A good understanding of programming languages such as C and Python
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as git
- Familiarity with a GNU/Linux development environment
- Familiarity with the IEEE 802.11 standard
- Familiarity with digital design languages such as VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog
- Familiarity with IC design flows from Cadence or Synopsys
- Experience with bringing up complex mixed-signal chips in a lab environment
- Experience in Instrumentation Automation for lab and production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- The capacity to think for oneself
What we offer
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's Wireless Systems Specialist.
A note to recruitment agencies - We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About Morse Micro
- 63 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010