Senior Full Stack Developer at Outfit
Apply to Outfit
Apply to Outfit
The opportunity to work with world-class technologies and develop solutions that will be adopted on a global scale. We want to hire exceptional talent to grow the Outfit platform and brand. You will be working with a dynamic, highly capable team of developers who love what they do and are always learning from each other. You will be based in a collaborative work environment with an excellent culture and workspace. At Outfit, there is genuine, ongoing opportunities to develop your career towards team or technical leadership. This position reports to the Head of Technology.
- Deliver production-ready solutions, working across the full technology stack;
- Contribute to all phases of the development life-cycle;
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality;
- Assist in the production of systems design artefacts such as integration plans, wire-frames, process or workflow designs, and functional design documents;
- Participate in deployment activities on a roster or as required basis; and
- Provide mentoring to other team members as well as others in the business as practical.
Success factors for the role
- Initiative and accountability to prioritise tasks and make critical decisions in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to articulate yourself to both technical and non-technical people;
- Team-work skills including build rapport with others, giving and receiving feedback and facilitating internal discussions;
- 8+ years experience in test-driven practices, unit testing and mocking frameworks, applying those principles to large complex code bases;
- 8+ years experience with back and front-end technologies (Ruby, Rails, JS, ReactJS and NodeJS), designs patterns and open source tools;
- 3+ years experience in API design/delivery using RESTful, SOAP and GraphQL interfaces; and
- Good analytical skills for solution design, software build and problem resolution.
- Transform business requirements and user stories for product features that may involve developing in different languages and technologies in both back and front-end layers;
- Successfully design and implement business critical solutions that take into consideration security, high-availability and code maintenance;
- Continually perform code review and knowledge transfer to other developers on a regular basis; and
- Support management team, partners and customers with technology knowledge advice.
Key selection criteria
- You are passionate about elegant code, design patterns, software architecture, development best practices and abreast of new technologies, frameworks and other languages;
- You’re willing to learn and mentor other developers to achieve exceptional results;
- You demonstrate strong initiative and a proactive nature; and
- You'll be as committed to excellence as the rest of the team.
- 17 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, QLD, 4101