Account Manager at Propeller Aero
Apply to Propeller Aero
Apply to Propeller Aero
Construction. Waste management. Aggregates. These industries are dirty, dangerous, and often overlooked by a world obsessed with sexy new technology, social networks, and shiny devices running the latest apps.
But without construction, you’d have no place to live or work. Without aggregates, say goodbye to your roads and sidewalks. And landfills? You get it.
Propeller sees opportunity in these vital industries. Opportunity to change how the world gets built, make extracting resources safer and more efficient, and ensure waste is handled in the most environmentally friendly way.
We give the people building our civilisation the power to track, map, and measure everything they do. We close the information gap between a physical worksite and the people who manage it.
If you love the idea of working for a company that codes a latte-delivery app or builds an expensive smart water bottle, do not apply for this job.
But if this huge opportunity piques your interest or, better yet, you’re excited about smart software and hardware solutions that solve problems for honest, hard working people —Propeller is the place for you.
We’re fascinated with solving hard problems in uncharted territories. Everyone is empowered to approach, own, and solve problems creatively. We’re 100% about impact and 0% about ego.
We treat each other in a way that means people love coming to work. We listen and we own our mistakes. We really like making each other laugh. We embrace and inspire change. We are transparent, respectful, and fair. Want to know what our team actually says about us? Check out our Glassdoor reviews.
Reporting up under the customer success team, you’ll work closely with customer success engineers and sales to help renew existing customers and broaden their use of Propeller’s suite of products. You’ll prevent churn alongside the customer success team and identify opportunities for up-sells and expansions. You’ll help support Propeller’s efforts to mature its Account Management function by identifying and implementing new processes and standards for renewing customers at scale.
You’ve got B2B software experience and you understand the SaaS business model. You’re passionate about delivering customer value and improving the way customers are renewed. You’re a self-starter with the ability to operate independently and produce results in a fast-paced, rapidly expanding environment. You have experience working and communicating with channel partners, as well as direct customers, and you understand the critical role channel partners play in customer acquisition and revenue growth. You are a confident and adept presenter, know how to adjust your communication style for your audience and can navigate corporate politics within our customers’ and channel partners’ organisations to deliver successful outcomes.
To do this you will
- Proactively grow the value of more than 500 accounts across the globe, with a focus on the APAC region.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with hardware and software customers.
- Identify opportunities for expansion and up-sell into existing customer accounts.
- Understand each customer's needs and desired outcomes in order to align them with real, effective solutions.
- Deliver exceptional customer service.
- Develop new processes and refine existing ones to scale account management as a function of the business, including CRM adoption, automation, standard business reviews, etc.
- Maintain net-negative ARR churn across your portfolio of accounts.
- 1-2 years experience in account management at a B2B SaaS company, with direct responsibility for proactively preventing churn, growing account value, and identifying expansions and upsells.
- 1-2 years experience managing a renewal quota and being held to specific monthly and quarterly renewal targets.
- Experience working with both direct customers and channel partners.
- Ability to speak confidently, negotiate business terms and clearly communicate value.
- Ability to handle tough conversations with customers, including overcoming objections and re-educating customers on our terms of service.
- Passion for delivering a second-to-none customer experience.
- Exceptional organisational, presentation, project management, and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must have the ability to build a value proposition through effective probing and understanding of the customer’s business model, as well as the ability to build rapport and credibility.
- Team player with experience collaborating cross-functionally in support of shared renewal goals, and the ability to successfully work with both the customer success and sales teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing start-up environment.
We’re really proud of our Glassdoor rating and, according to our Culture Amp survey, 100% of people here would recommend us as a great place to work. We offer employee stock options, paid parental leave, and a beautiful office with stocked kitchens in Surry Hills, not to mention the best roof deck in Sydney. We take being a good place to work pretty seriously.
Propeller is for everyone. We’re an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. Your gender, age, religion, sex life, or skin colour won’t make a difference here. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are.
More jobs at Propeller Aero
About Propeller Aero
- 251 Riley Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010