Legal Counsel at Prospa
Prospa is driven by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 and a FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date we’ve helped over 20,000 unique small business customers across Australia with over $1 billion in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently 250 strong.
This represents a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
Reporting to Prospa’s General Counsel and Company Secretary you will be engaging with our operational business units to provide a broad scope of legal expertise.
To be successful in the role you will have outstanding knowledge of laws, regulation and obligations in the finance industry. In addition, contractual drafting and review skills are required. Some knowledge of employment law would be useful, but not necessary.
This is a fast-paced role with multiple shifting priorities and deadlines. You will need to have a genuine commercial focus with an overall focus on compliance and attention to detail.
- Responding to day-to-day legal inquiries from all business units.
- Ongoing management of all product contracts.
- Preparation and review of NDAs, commercial and funding contracts, marketing materials and other documents as requested by General Counsel.
- Maintenance of policies, assistance in drafting of policies and processes in response to the changing regulatory environment.
- Monitoring regulatory change and reporting to General Counsel relevant matters.
- Assistance in relation to ongoing compliance obligations.
- Liaison with Registry relating to ESOP and shareholder queries and data collation.
- Assistance with audit queries
- Administrative assistance aligned to company secretarial services, including drafting board packs, resolutions, assistance with AGM preparation.
- Preparation and delivery of training as requested.
Skills, experience and knowledge
- Tertiary qualifications in law and ideally 3-5 years experience within a recognised Australian law firm.
- Experience in the financial legal and regulatory environment preferred.
- Attention to detail, particularly in relation to contract reviews, whilst maintaining an understanding of the commercial context.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a high level of organisational skills.
- New Zealand and/or Employment law experience would be highly regarded.
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.
More jobs at Prospa
- 4-16 Yurong Street, Darlinghurst, NSW, 2010