Senior Software Engineer at RateSetter
Job DescriptionApply to RateSetter
We are RateSetter, one of the world's largest peer-to-peer lenders. We have worked hard over the past four years to democratise lending with the aim of helping all Australians do more with less. We have made some great strides, reaching $500 million in lending, are over 100 employees, growing at 100% year-on-year - and we're barely getting started.
We believe the financial system has become bloated and inefficient, and are using technology and data to give value - and power - back to the consumer.
The ambition is huge and the only way we can do this is by bringing the best people in the world to help us get there. That's where you come in.
please note we are currently not looking to engage with any third parties to recruit this role
What's the role?
The engineering team has been one of our most stable teams, growing from our founding engineer 5 years ago, who is now running a team of 20 amazing engineers.
This Senior Software Engineer will play a vital part in our Platform team. The underlying platform of RateSetter is the foundation that all other products are built on top of. Changes to this platform have significant impacts across all parts of our business and especially on our customers. As a result, we're looking for a fantastic Senior Software Engineer who is a .net/C# specialist and has a wealth of experience in building micro-services and working with a variety of APIs. This is a great role that combines strategic problem solving and hands on execution.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in a fast-paced team across multiple products, both internal and external facing. As a senior team member, you will contribute to software design / architecture and help steer technology adoption.
RateSetter currently uses the following technologies / languages
- .Net / .Net core, NodeJs, Powershell, Angular, React
- Microservices architecture, event sourcing, DDD, BDD, restful APIs
- AWS; Over 20 services, including - Terraform/Cloudformation, EC2, Lambda, Router53, VPC, ASG, CodeDeploy
- Windows Server, Ubuntu, SqlServer, Redis, AWS DynamoDb
Key responsibilities of the role include
- Elicitation / validation of requirements, collaborating on agile work breakdown / planning
- End to end delivery of user stories including testing / product support
- Design across existing and new products including API, domain and database design
- Automated testing including unit, acceptance, integration and UI
- Contribution to development practices, framework choices, and recruitment
To be successful in this role you will have
- 3+ years working in software development roles
- 1+ years in .Net
- Strong software fundamentals (performance, patterns, structure)
- Architectural knowledge including concerns related to micro services
- A continuous process of self-learning
- A test-driven approach
What's life like at RateSetter?
Still wondering whether you'd enjoy being a part of our team? Here's a few great reasons:
- We value openness and ideas more than anything else, it doesn't matter who you are in the business, we want your input.
- There are amazing opportunities here for people who are intelligent and hard-working. We're growing so fast right now we may not know exactly what the right role will be for you in two years time, but given our aims, we bet it would be something incredible.
- A phenomenal group of driven and intelligent colleagues
- A sincere purpose which every person here truly believes in
- Great social events - RateSetter Olympics is having its second year this Xmas party
- The RateSetter boat which we take out on Fridays (yes you heard me)
But ultimately, a fun environment where everyone believes in what they're doing and have boundless opportunities to progress.
Come take a look for yourself!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 14 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW, 2000