HR Manager at Ritual
Apply to Ritual
Apply to Ritual
Ritual’s mission is to digitize local commerce. We are an online marketplace connecting consumers to their local merchants to make the purchasing of goods and services more efficient. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs and ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, the company has grown to 250+ people and has raised $150 million in venture funding.
About the team
We are a small but mighty team of multitaskers who are passionate about people and ALWAYS on the go. We keep everyone on schedule, on task, and full of snacks. We work behind the scenes and front-row center; you’ll find us around the office coordinating interviews, setting up for our weekly Throwdowns, and checking in with everyone, just to say hello! Our main goals are building out our expanding teams with great people and setting up our current ones for success. You’d be a good fit with us if you are a roll-with-the-punches, drop-what-you’re-doing, all-hands-on-deck kind of person. You never know what’s going to come across the POps desk; pull up a chair and find out!
About the role
As a member of the People Operations team, you will report into the International Lead, HR and work closely in supporting our Sydney office and growing Asia-Pacific (APAC) teams. You will be the APAC HR resource to help build and support a best in class team and create an amazing employee experience as we become a global company. This is a great opportunity for an HR generalist and partner to drive onboarding, employee relations, performance management, people policy, and programs.
Our ideal candidate is an energetic, eager to learn individual who is excited to take on the challenge of helping us to rapidly grow Ritual specifically in the Asia-Pacific region starting as our first HR resource in Asia-Pacific (APAC). The HR Manager will be expected to contribute in the following ways:
- Conduct employee onboarding, 30/60/90+ beyond check-ins and support employee growth through lifecycle driving engagement, success, and retention.
- Partner with managers on coaching and guidance on employee management, HR policy and best practice in APAC countries (Ie: Australia, Hong Kong, and more!)
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition team to drive expansion plans and talent management strategy.
- Identify learning opportunities and organize training & development initiatives to grow employees.
- Build trust and strong relationships to support leaders and employees at all levels of the organization
- Oversee and support bi-annual performance management review that drives high performance.
- Maintain employee records via BambooHR and ensure compliance with government and labour regulations.
- Support employee offboarding, terminations and exit interviews as required.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Location: This role is located in Sydney, Australia.
- Willingness to learn and a self-starter attitude
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills and active listener
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Ability to function autonomously as well as in a team environment (You will be working with a Global team!)
- High sense of urgency
Big plus if
- You have start-up experience
- You adapt well to new technology
- You’ve worked in high growth environments
- Sydney, NSW, 2000