Product Designer at SafetyCulture
Job DescriptionApply to SafetyCulture
At SafetyCulture, we have created a SaaS solution that empowers teams and individuals across the globe achieve safer higher quality and more efficient workplaces. Through technology and culture we're re-defining an entire industry across every vertical. We are tackling a seriously big problem and having the best time doing it.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join an existing cross-functional team working on customer facing projects.
About the role
SafetyCulture is a fast growing technology company and creator of the world’s most used inspection app, iAuditor. We are growing our team of cross functional designers and are seeking a Product Designer to join our team and help design the future of our products.
This describes you:
- You are can own a holistic vision for a set of features and can clearly identify and scope the problem at hand.
- Your process should be to test hypotheses and shepherd your ideas through multiple iterations of validation and development.
- You care about people! You've navigated the complexities of software development organisations, and can facilitate discussions to challenge assumptions, give critical feedback, and drive consensus.
- You speak the language of users and are able to define their journey through a system from start to finish.
- You trust your instincts and are able to build a strong point of view, and can clearly articulate the rationale behind it.
Role and responsibilities
You will be leading a small team of designers that are each responsible for specific features within our products. This role combines informal mentoring and technical leadership with hands-on design. You must have strong visual and interaction designs skills, along with the ability to help shape product vision and strategy.
As a Designer, you are responsible for putting your fellow team members on the path for growth and overall success. You will guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring deadlines are met while keeping a high-quality bar.
As a contributing team member, you will own at least one feature area within your theme (through collaborating with product management, engineering, user research, and marketing) from defining the vision and strategy all the way to the fit and finish of delivery.
- 2-6 years design experience (experience on Mobile Applications would be an added bonus)
- Experience and expertise in design strategy, user-centred experience design, prototyping, UX research
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organisations
- Ability to multitask on several short and long-term projects
- Strong online portfolio that demonstrates your process and ability to turn ideas into a convincing and unique creative vision
- Experience using the standard tools of the design trade, e.g. Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Bonus: Coding skills and/or Motion skills
What SafetyCulture can offer you
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company, and join us on an incredible journey
- We’re operating at a scale few other companies are, and you will have the chance to work on complex issues, that impact millions of users worldwide
- Learning is a key priority for us, and you'll be supported in your personal and professional development
More jobs at SafetyCulture
- 6 Lacey Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010