Senior/Staff Software Engineer at SafetyCulture
Job DescriptionApply to SafetyCulture
Golang / React.js stack, C++ for mobile (Android/iOS), Kubernetes, and Docker tech stack.
Demonstrate big picture thinking in system design, and manage complex architectural decisions. Voice tangible and real-world customer and product impact when discussing features and functionality. Own delivery of complex features, including breaking down requirements, providing reasonable estimates, and articulating effort vs impact tradeoffs. Manage expectations across peers, and proactively work to steady calm.
How you can impact
Be recognised as an expert in relevant technologies to the role, and have influence over the direction of the team and function. Improve others’ ability to deliver great work and drive initiatives focused on release-safety, repeatability, and improving the way we do things. Mentor colleagues, actively engage in building a culture of candid feedback, and help the engineering teams give and receive constructive feedback.
In Sydney we have 10 teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, sensors and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, QA, and customer representative. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
- Depth of knowledge in a front end or back end coding language and associated libraries/frameworks
- Ability to own delivery of complex features, break down requirements and provide reasonable estimates
- Ability to articulate effort vs impact tradeoffs
- Able to improve others’ ability to deliver great work
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Breadth of knowledge of a variety of platforms and approaches
- Experience with front end edge infrastructure (e.g. AWS cloudfront, lambda)
- Understanding of caching, server-side rendering, CDNs
- Experience with front end build pipelines and tooling, particularly around mono-repos and automation testing
- Working with service-oriented/microservice architectures
- Experience with key/value store and relational databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- Building and running SaaS or cloud services at scale
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- In-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch each day, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
- Fun and quirky celebrations, including the annual ShipIt global offsite
- Great location in Surry Hills, close to Central Station and Crown Street
SafetyCulture is an Australian Technology company that builds software for teams to manage safety and quality in the workplace. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
Our first product, iAuditor, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world can carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact iAuditor can have on their teams and performance everyday. Today there are 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. All of the product is built in Australia, and we now have around 300 people. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised almost $100 million in funding, which provides security and allows us to scale the business. We’re using the funding to build complementary products, including real-time incident reporting, sensors and IoT, and workplace training.
What we’ve done is great, but the best is still ahead of us.
More jobs at SafetyCulture
- 6 Lacey Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010
- 221 Sturt Street, Townsville, QLD, 4810