Software Engineer, Front End at SafetyCulture
Apply to SafetyCulture
Apply to SafetyCulture
We’re looking for experienced software engineers to help us build a world class engineering team. We’re developing a product not only used by hundreds of thousands of people every day but also having a positive impact on their lives. We’re facing interesting technical challenges as we scale the platform to reach ambitious goals.
The tech stack
React.js (front end); Go/node.js (back end); Swift/Kotlin/C++ (mobile); Docker/Kubernetes (infrastructure).
You’ll be empowered to deliver practical solutions to solve real-world problems for customers, with the knowledge that what you build has an immediate positive impact.
You’ll face exciting technical challenges as we scale, and be an integral part of the engineering team. High-performing teams here own their services, and you’re trusted to build and run a system that serves hundreds of thousands of users while transforming it into a system that will serve millions of users in the near future. There is a strong focus on innovation and keeping up-to-date with modern cutting-edge technology: Internet of things, machine learning, event-driven architecture, Kubernetes, Go, React, etc.
How you can impact
Over time you will be recognised as an expert in relevant technologies to the role, and have influence over the direction of the team and function. You’ll actively participate in initiatives aimed at improving the way we do things, and start to focus on how to improve others’ ability to deliver great work and drive initiatives focused on release-safety, repeatability. You’ll actively engage in building a culture of candid feedback, and help the engineering teams give and receive constructive feedback.
In Sydney we have 10 teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, sensors and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, QA, and customer representative. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
- Depth of knowledge in a front end coding language and associated libraries/frameworks
- Ability to own delivery of features or requirements
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Breadth of knowledge of a variety of platforms and approaches
- Experience with front end edge infrastructure (e.g. AWS CloudFront, Lambda)
- Understanding of caching, server-side rendering, CDNs
- Experience with front end build pipelines and tooling, particularly around mono-repos and automation testing
- Working with service-oriented/microservice architectures
- Experience with key/value store and relational databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- Building and running SaaS or cloud services at scale
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- In-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch each day, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
- Fun and quirky celebrations, including the annual ShipIt global offsite
- Great location in Surry Hills, close to Central Station and Crown Street
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: to empower front line workers to improve safety and quality in the workplace. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
Our first product, iAuditor, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world can carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact iAuditor can have on their teams and performance everyday. Today there are 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. All of the product is built in Australia, and we now have around 300 people. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised almost $100 million in funding, which provides security and allows us to scale the business. We’re using the funding to build complementary products, including real-time incident reporting, sensors and IoT, and workplace training.
What we’ve done is great, but the best is still ahead of us.
More jobs at SafetyCulture
- 2 Lacey Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010
- 221 Sturt Street, Townsville, QLD, 4810