Software Engineering Manager at SafetyCulture
Apply to SafetyCulture
Apply to SafetyCulture
At SafetyCulture, we're empowering front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing.
We’re looking for talented people to help us build a world class engineering team. We have hundreds of thousands of workers in over 150 countries using our platform, conducting millions of inspections every month, and having a positive impact on their lives. We’re facing interesting technical challenges as we scale the platform, and have ambitious goals to reach millions of workers by 2025.
The tech stack
We use a modern technology stack including Swift/Kotlin/C++ (mobile); React.js (front end); Go/node.js (back end); AWS/Kafka/Kubernetes (infrastructure)
You’ll manage and grow a team of software engineers, while contributing to evolving engineering practices and impacting positively on team health and culture. You’ll manage overall strategy, planning, and execution of complex technical projects, and lead your team to meet delivery expectations.
You’ll face exciting technical challenges as we scale, and be an integral part of the engineering management team. High-performing teams own their services, and you’re trusted to build and run a system that serves hundreds of thousands of users while transforming it into a system that will serve millions of users in the near future. We empower engineers to learn new skills and use technology to solve customer problems, including initiatives in IoT, machine learning, and event-driven architecture.
How you can have an impact
As an engineering leader, you’ll have influence over the direction of the team and function, and a strategic impact on the overall business strategy. You’ll impact significantly on evolving engineering practices and culture to build a world class engineering team. Improving others’ ability to deliver great work, suggesting and bringing innovations, and driving initiatives focused on release-safety, repeatability, and improving the way we do things. Experimenting with ways to become more efficient and productive, and bringing these learnings to the senior leadership team. We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
In Sydney we have teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, direct access to customers, and support from specialists in quality, SRE and specific technologies. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
- Experience managing and growing a team of software engineers
- Experience driving engineering excellence and best practice
- Ability to set and drive the big picture strategy for the team
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Successfully developed engineering teams in a product/SaaS business
- Strong background in delivery
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Technical background to better relate to Engineers
- Experience driving Engineering excellence and best practice
- Agile Delivery experience
- Customer focused
- Building and running SaaS or cloud services at scale
- Agile delivery experience
- Breadth of knowledge of a variety of platforms and approaches
- Experience forecasting requirements for the team and capacity planning
- A technical background relevant to one of our teams: IoT, API, Analytics, Task Engine, or Core Experience
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- In-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch each day, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
- Fun and quirky celebrations, including the annual ShipIt global offsite
- Great location in Surry Hills, close to Central Station and Crown Street
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
Our first product, iAuditor, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact iAuditor can have on their teams and performance everyday. Today there are 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. All of the product is built in Australia, and we now have 300 mission-obsessed people driving outcomes for our customers. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised almost $100 million in funding, which provides security and allows us to scale the business. We’re using the funding to build complementary products, including real-time incident reporting, sensors and IoT, and workplace training.
What we’ve done is great, but the best is still ahead of us.
More jobs at SafetyCulture
- 2 Lacey Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010
- 221 Sturt Street, Townsville, QLD, 4810