Software Engineer at Sendle
Sydney, NSW and Remote
Apply to Sendle
What matters to us
Apply to Sendle
Sendle helps small business thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and Australia’s first 100% carbon neutral delivery service, harnessing major courier networks to create a simple, user-friendly service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
Sendle is a fast growing business with bold ambitions, a team full of passion, a team of self-confessed nerds and general geeks. Our work has an impact; by powering eCommerce logistics, our software is helping real world businesses deliver real parcels to their customers; this is more than just records in a database.
Off the back of strong growth in Australia we’re now setting our sights on expanding into the US and more, so this is an opportunity to work in a high-growth startup with a solid foundation and be part of an amazing team.
We are a 100% remote engineering team and have been since the beginning, with members all around Australia. We get together for team meetups in Sydney every few months, between that you can work from anywhere that suits you. Sendle is a trusting and flexible work place so is a great fit for engineers who feel it’s results that matter not time spent at the keyboard.
Engineers will work in cross-functional teams with designers, customer support, marketing and logistics experts. At Sendle you might work on projects such as integrating our dashboard with a eCommerce platform, improving the way customers manage their parcels in the Sendle dashboard, or integrating and connecting courier networks in innovative ways.
We use Ruby and Elixir on the backend, React and Redux on the front end and love Postgres.
We use an automated, pull request based, continuous integration workflow. Every pull request is automatically deployed to its own testing environment so getting feedback on your work is quick and easy. All pull requests are reviewed by other engineers, so there’s always an opportunity to get deep feedback on different technologies from different developers.
All developers can deploy to production and we do so several times a day.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is excited to build an environmentally sustainable courier business
- Is experienced in agile development practices and TDD/BDD
- Loves working in a team and supporting their team members
- Is comfortable working autonomously, with a high degree of personal organisation
- Has great written and spoken communication skills
- Is hungry to learn and try new things
And has one or more of these
- Worked on at least one mid to large Rails application
- Knows their way around SQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Elixir, enough to be able to jump into a couple mid-sized code bases and find your way around
- The chance to work with a creative team in a supportive environment
- A generous personal development budget
- You are able to create your own work environment, connecting to a remote team from anywhere in Australia
- Options through participation in Sendle’s ESOP
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High Achieving - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and value diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees do their best work.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.
- 161 Castlereagh Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000