Senior Marketing Lead, APAC at Shopify
Job DescriptionApply to Shopify
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We are an international brand with offices across North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, and Australia. We give over 5000 high-growth, high-volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need.
As the Senior Marketing Lead for Asia Pacific (APAC), you will be responsible for the strategy, planning, execution, and scaling of our marketing initiatives in the APAC and ANZ regions. Reporting into the Head of Demand Generation, you will work collaboratively across demand generation, as well as partnerships, field marketing, product marketing, content marketing, as well as business operation, enablement, and other cross-functional partners. This role is based in Sydney, Australia.
This role is great for you if you love to experiment and try new things, and aren’t afraid to be curious or inquisitive. You feel a sense of pride in being a people-first leader, and have managed teams of various sizes and diversity of skills. International growth excites you; you have experience growing and scaling diverse marketing teams in new markets and the ability to develop localised acquisition strategies to reach, surprise, and delight new audiences.
Requirements for the role
Requirements for the role
- Rich integrated, B2B marketing experience and leading, growing, and developing skilled marketing people and teams.
- Ability to lead in rapidly changing business environments and situations and effectively negotiating to gain resolution.
- Ability to assess and implement successful and focused marketing plans by leading and guiding local marketing team.
- Ability to create marketing forecasts and manage budgets
- Ability to influence cross functional teams and champion new concepts and ideas.
- Experienced in Salesforce CRM, Marketo, and other marketing platforms
- Strong, proven leadership abilities in being able to build, develop, and manage a diverse marketing team (offline, demand gen, operations, content, etc)
- ANZ and APAC leadership experience and have demonstrated experience opening new markets in the region
- Experience working with diverse sales teams, building strong rapport and partnerships
- Demand gen / performance marketing experience; you’re an expert in leveraging CRM data to inform and influence decision making in collaboration with business partners
- Experience leading integrated marketing teams and can scale operations alongside HQ and local teams
- Experience managing teams remotely and have worked with HQ as a subsidiary
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners including marketing, sales, and merchants to stay informed on Plus relevance in-market
- Represent the Shopify Plus brand publicly and internally as the local marketing lead
- Evaluate regional merchant research, market conditions and competitor data to inform decisions
- Manage a diverse portfolio consisting of multiple regions and marketing functions
- Understanding of market positioning and how to work within brand guardrails while catering to local markets
- Scale demand generation and marketing teams in a rapidly growing business
- Leverage data to inform and influence decision making in collaboration with business partners
- Manage the local marketing team to own the acquisition marketing strategy by partnering with the appropriate cross-functional partners including growth, data, UX, and more
- Planning and budgetary control of all local marketing
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we value your time. Jennifer is looking forward to reading your application.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
- Sydney, NSW, 2000