Chief Operating Officer at Simply Wall St
$250k in Surry Hills, NSW
Apply to Simply Wall St
Apply to Simply Wall St
Simply Wall St helps everyday people make better decisions on their stock investments. We do this by simplifying complexity and democratising access.
Our business is growing at an incredible rate and recently became profitable. We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer to join us and help us to continue the trajectory. You’ll report to Al Bentley the CEO and Founder to implement our business strategy whilst embracing the breadth of responsibilities that are part of a rapidly growing startup.
We are a rare breed in Australia, a B2C SaaS business where our users and customers discover us organically, without marketing or sales. Our business is far simpler than most, we have one location, no BD’s or sales team and no outstanding invoices. Half our 1.6 million users are in the United States and the rest all over the world including India, Brazil and China. Most people think we are based in New York, but we prefer Sydney.
To be considered for this role you'll either previously founded a consumer facing technology startup with a software product, or joined one at an early stage and been a key part of the growth.
- Previous experience of successfully growing a technology startup past 30 people
- Experience working with founders, either as one or joining a business at the early stage
- Deeply understand the operations of a B2C software company
- Experience of building and empowering a leadership team
- Excellent knowledge of business administration, legal, HR and finance
- A background and real passion for technology and software
- An active stock portfolio
- Highly proactive and a hard worker
- You never get stuck and you solve problems rapidly
- You know when to get your hands dirty and when to delegate
- A natural listener who wants to see every employee succeed as well as our company
- You see problems as opportunities and (some!) opportunities as distractions
- You enjoy creating and maintaining a great culture, and have experience scaling this
- An endless learner
In your first few months you’d gradually take over day to day operations and start to work on enabling the business to implement our strategy. Your experience will help us establish a team alongside the CEO that is suitable and scalable. You’ll get to know every part of the business in intimate detail and become an ambassador for our mission.
Why Simply Wall St?
With just 15 staff this is a huge opportunity for the right person to join the executive team of a profitable high growth startup and be instrumental in taking it to the next level. Work feels like play when you love what you do.
For the right candidate re-location is possible and we offer a competitive salary and equity package.
About Simply Wall St
- 24 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010