Senior Backend Engineer at Skedulo
Apply to Skedulo
Not applications from recruiters please.Apply to Skedulo
Launched in 2013 in Brisbane, Skedulo is the platform for intelligent mobile workforce management. We help organizations manage their mobile workforces to delight their customers and engage their employees. Skedulo is the new standard for deskless workforce productivity.
The Skedulo platform helps enterprises intelligently manage, schedule, dispatch, and support deskless workers on the go, whether they are full-time, part-time, or contract employees.
Skedulo offers enterprises and mid-market companies a mobile workforce management solution with robust integration capabilities, including native integrations to Salesforce. With Skedulo, enterprises can unify their tech stacks and move trustworthy data across the organization with ease.
With its roots firmly in Brisbane, Skedulo has expanded globally to include offices in the United States, Vietnam, and the United Kingdom. Skedulo has enabled over 120 companies, including as CSG Limited, HealthStrong, and ECL Group, to seamlessly schedule and service more than 5 million appointments around the globe. The company has secured over $40 million in funding to date, led by M12, Costanoa Ventures, and Blackbird. For more information, please visit www.skedulo.com, or our blog, tech blog, @Skedulo, Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
Day to day requirements
You will find yourself working in a dynamic, cross functional team with designers and product management along with with other front-end, backend, mobile and QA engineers implementing key features that will provide tangible results to the success of the company.
We’re an agile shop, we focus on continuous improvement both with what we develop and how we develop it. We have standups, sprint planning, grooming, retros and all that usual stuff, our focus is to find new and better ways to work for today and in the future. We work closely with our Customers during our sprint cycles, so your communication and presentations skills need to be excellent!
We have a shipping mindset, we ship code every two weeks, so you will need to love working in a fast paced environment!
Why we need you
We have a great team of back end engineers here at Skedulo, we would love to bring on another person who can add their weight technically and help contribute to building an awesome experience for our Customers.
People that will thrive in this position possess the following skills
You’re somebody who is customer focused, you enjoy shipping code as regularly as you can, and you enjoy working in cross-functional software teams which requires you to take on different tasks and responsibilities.
- 5+ years experience in server side / backend development
- Ideally experienced with one or more of the following: Java, C++, other open source object-oriented languages, with aptitude and interest in Scala
- Solid computer science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and ideally complex scheduling and optimization algorithms.
- Experience with cloud hosting (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Understands the importance of contributing to the CI/CD pipeline and automation
- Interests beyond perfect backend code. We run cross functional feature teams here, so the ideal candidate will want and eventually be able to pick up frontend or mobile tickets to help get the feature shipped!
Why work with us?
- We offer highly competitive benefits packages to keep you healthy, happy, and operating at your best.
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect, and relax.
- We support your ongoing education and learning as a valued teammate.
- Life isn’t crammed into a 9-5. We provide a balanced lifestyle to encourage you to perform at your best.
- Fresh fruit, muesli bars, and all things yum are found in our kitchens—because it would be rude not to.
- Our team is extremely competitive, and we will challenge your best table tennis skills.
Not applications from recruiters please.
- 47 Warner Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD, 4006
- 111 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000