Senior Product Designer at Skedulo
Apply to Skedulo
Apply to Skedulo
Skedulo, a fast-growing SaaS company with its roots firmly based in Brisbane. We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing design team - creating beautiful, simple and elegant user experiences is at the centre of everything we do, but you will also play a big role in shaping the vision for the product and our company. This role is based in our Fortitude Valley Headquarters, which is the home for our Product, Engineering and Design teams.
Launched in 2013 in Brisbane, Skedulo is the platform for intelligent mobile workforce management. Our solution helps enterprises intelligently manage, schedule, dispatch, and track resources in the field, whether they are full-time, part-time, or contract employees. Skedulo is a flexible solution with many use cases that vary by industry and geography. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly growing company with a very ambitious marketing and growth strategy.
Skedulo has expanded globally to include offices in the United States, Vietnam, and the United Kingdom. Skedulo has enabled over 120 companies, including as CSG Limited, HealthStrong, and ECL Group, to seamlessly schedule and service more than 5 million appointments around the globe. The company has secured over $40 million in funding to date, led by M12, Costanoa Ventures, and Blackbird. For more information, please visit www.skedulo.com, or our blog, tech blog, @Skedulo, Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
What you will be doing
What you will be doing
Your role as a product designer is to bring to life and envision how our core users experience our products. For our scheduling users, this means understanding complex tasks and processes and turning them into simple and intuitive designs, translating data into visualisations that provide new insights into their workforce, and making it quick and easy to communicate with workers in the field. For our users in the field, it means designing tools that fit seamlessly into their day and empower them by giving them all the information they need to do their job in the palm of their hands.
Our design process starts with understanding the context of use, user needs and behaviours and is heavily focussed on prototyping to bring to life ideas. It also involves close collaboration with other teams including Engineers, Product Managers, and Marketers to solve complex problems.
- Interaction design is the most important skillset for this role, and you’ll be in your element creating prototypes, mockups, wireframes and flows. You are able to take complex features and requirements and translate them into elegantly simple user interface designs.
- You’ve got great prototyping chops and can use tools like Sketch, Invision, Axure, Flinto or Principle to deliver interactive prototypes of your designs.
- You’ve got an eye for clean and clear visual design, and are comfortable working with a visual design system to create pixel-perfect designs. You don’t need to be a full-stack designer for this role, but you should be able to work with and contribute to the existing design system.
- You have excellent communication and influencing skills. As part of this role you’ll need to be as at home explaining a detailed interaction pattern to an engineer as you are gathering feedback directly from our customers.
- You know how and when to apply user research techniques to uncover user insights and get feedback on your designs, and you enjoy getting out of your chair and spending time with the people that use the product the most.
- You like to work as part of a diverse, multidisciplinary team and deliver real results. You check your ego at the door, and are comfortable collaborating with others to get the best result for the entire team.
- You’re a self starter and can work quickly to take a design challenge and develop your own plan of attack, bringing others in the team on the journey with you. You think in “hours and days” rather than “weeks and months”.
- You're a team player, and are happy to put in time to mentor and coach more junior members of the team
- We offer highly competitive benefits packages to keep you healthy, happy, and operating at your best.
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect, and relax.
- We support your ongoing education and learning as a valued teammate.
- Life isn’t crammed into a 9-5. We provide a balanced lifestyle to encourage you to perform at your best.
- Fresh fruit, muesli bars, and all things yum are found in our kitchens—because it would be rude not to.
- Our team is extremely competitive, and we will challenge your best table tennis skills.
No applications from recruiters please.
- 47 Warner Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD, 4006
- 111 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000