Compliance Manager at Spaceship
At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which aims to make investing in a diversified portfolio simple, transparent and accessible.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 55,000 financial members and nearly $300 million in funds under management — but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
Compliance plays a central role in Spaceship. The team partners with all business areas to provide advice and training, oversee policies and procedures, and manage key risks and incidents - all to ensure we meet our financial services obligations and deliver the best customer experience possible.
This is a wide and varied position. Reporting into the Head of Compliance, you will work on a wide range of initiatives including:
- Advising on regulatory and internal policy matters
- Ensuring adherence with scheme compliance plans
- Managing incidents and breaches
- Responding to complaints
- Reviewing policies and procedures
- Monitoring regulatory change
- Reviewing marketing and promotional initiatives and content
- Managing compliance frameworks
- Developing employee training programmes
- Reporting to internal stakeholders including leadership, committees and boards
- Company secretarial duties including taking board minutes and preparing board papers
What are we looking for?
- Experience working in superannuation and/or managed funds
- Demonstrable knowledge of financial services obligations and the regulatory landscape
- High ethical grounding with a desire to put customers' interests above all else
- Exceptional communication with particular excellence and attention to detail when it comes to documentation
- High emotional intelligence with a natural ability to partner with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Detail and process-oriented combined with a problem-solving mentality
- Passionate about delivering a truly innovative super experience for young people
- Legal background / education
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- Emphasis on a healthy work/life balance
- Height adjustable workstations
- Kitchen stocked with food and drink
- Office located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD
Who are we?
We are ~30 people passionate about helping people invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $40m to date from some of the world’s most renowned venture capitalists, including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.
- 77 King Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000