DevOps Engineer at Spaceship
Job DescriptionApply to Spaceship
At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which aims to make investing in a diversified portfolio simple, transparent and accessible.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 55,000 financial members and nearly $300 million in funds under management — but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
The DevOps team helps transform and evolve the Spaceship business through the deployment of best-in-class global networks, web-scale data centres and software infrastructure. As a DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer in this team, you will guide internal customers on how to configure and deploy their cloud infrastructure consisting of identity and access management, network architecture, application security, logging, monitoring, billing and more.
Furthermore, you will provide expertise on how to best design cloud applications for optimal scaling including CDN design, load balancer setup, caching, compute optimisations, continuous integration and delivery pipeline, and more.
Through this, you will:
- Help shape what the future of investment looks like as code
- Solve problems in an interesting and unique domain that previously existed only in spreadsheets
- Work on an extremely modern stack comprised of the newest technologies, no .NET or PHP in sight
- Gain exposure to the inner workings of finance
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years experience as a DevOps engineer
- Experience in either Golang or Bash
- Experience with GCP, AWS, Postgres, MySQL
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- Emphasis on a healthy work/life balance
- Height adjustable workstations
- Kitchen stocked with food and drink
- Office located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD
Who are we?
We are ~30 people passionate about helping people invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $40m to date from some of the world’s most renowned venture capitalists, including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.
- 77 King Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000