Technical Product Manager at Spaceship
Job DescriptionApply to Spaceship
At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which aims to make investing in a diversified portfolio simple, transparent and accessible.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 55,000 financial members and nearly $300 million in funds under management — but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
As a Technical Product Manager at Spaceship, your focus will be the scoping and prioritisation of impactful new functionality, and ensuring those changes reach customers.
You will achieve this by acting as the shepherd for all product releases, supporting and guiding Engineering through every update and release cycle.
You will therefore be the heartbeat of the technology team and an authority on the products and the workflows that builds and tests it. Moreover, you will:
- Interface with other business units to translate strategic needs and initiatives into well-scoped and prioritised work for Engineering
- Workshop with Engineering on product discovery
- Write product specifications for development
- Scope and manage ongoing major and minor product releases
- Plan and organise engineering sprints
- Project manage pre- and post-development, including go-live release management and getting the right people in a room when required
What are we looking for?
- Experience as a project or product manager working directly with high performing technical teams
- Technical background
- High emotional intelligence, with a natural ability to understand the perspectives of a wide variety of stakeholders
- Track record of success in developing relationships and working collaboratively to drive and deliver multi-team projects
- Intellectually curious with a natural drive to understand both technical and business problems, with or without pre-existing expertise
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- Emphasis on a healthy work/life balance
- Height adjustable workstations
- Kitchen stocked with food and drink
- Office located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD
Who are we?
We are ~30 people passionate about helping people invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $40m to date from some of the world’s most renowned venture capitalists, including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.
- 77 King Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000