Fraud Analyst, Japanese Speaker at Square
Job DescriptionApply to Square
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favourite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square's Risk and Fraud team is seeking a highly motivated Fraud Analyst to mitigate transactional fraud within the merchant commerce space. In this role, you will perform detailed analysis of high-risk purchases/transactions, via real-time queues to identify unauthorised transactions across different types of payments. This position will analyse unrecognisable risk patterns and communicate with our clients in cases where additional information is required.
The ideal candidate would be ready to make a meaningful contribution to the team from day one. This individual will need to be decisive, yet embody a growth mindset and be open to learning - you won't always make the right decision! All candidates must be flexible with their schedule; having the ability to work non-traditional shifts as well as some holidays.
- Use in depth fraud knowledge to assess financial risk and legitimacy of transactions and accounts.
- Scale global fraud support for multiple products while optimising operational efficiency and quality.
- Interact with other Risk teams on developing fraud prevention strategy and process.
- Take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and previously determined processes.
- Monitor numerous real-time queues and review high-risk transactions from specified points-of-sale requiring demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Maintain or exceed established service level agreements and guidelines for timely resolution of queued transactions to minimise potential revenue losses.
- Contact and effectively communicate with customers and internal partners to ensure all SLAs are achieved with little or no supervision.
- Understand our risk systems and investigate account patterns through data analysis.
- Deal with escalations from internal and external stakeholders in a professional and efficient manner.
- Provide and help develop & implement departmental process improvement.
- 3+ years of experience within Risk, Fraud, Credit / Underwriting or Trust and Safety OR are highly skilled at business intelligence/data analytics and interested in Fraud
- Business level written and spoken fluency in Japanese is required
- Able to work and self-organise with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong customer focus and the ability to balance fraud prevention alongside a positive customer experience
- Desire to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing start-up environment
- Flexibility to adapt and ability to manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated and results-oriented
- Demonstrated customer service, organisational, and analytical skills
- Strong investigative ability, internet research and overall computer skills
- Work flexibility on weekends
- Bachelor's degree required
- Leadership experience, formal or informal
- Experience writing SQL to query relational databases is a plus!
Work environment and benefits
- Accountability and flexibility across a small and fast paced team
- Subsidised wellness allowance
- Daily meal allowance
- Progressive startup office environment
- Competitive salary with significant career growth opportunities
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
More jobs at Square
- 246 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000