Global Beta Manager at Square
Our mission is simple: we want to help people everywhere start, run and grow a business. We’re a fast-moving global fin-tech company building the tools entrepreneurs need to simplify and streamline every business process, from accepting card payments and online invoicing to inventory management, real-time analytics, employee management, and powerful data reporting. Now supporting millions of businesses worldwide, Square is recognised as a leader in financial technology, currently rated third in Fast Company’s 2018 edition of the World’s Most Innovative Companies. As we continue to expand globally, we are looking to drive that innovation further by scaling our smart, dedicated and passionate workforce in new markets. Square was founded in 2009 by Jack Dorsey and Jim McKelvey and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices now operating across the United States, Canada, Japan, the UK, and Australia.
The Beta Team needs an experienced project manager to help us execute beta programs to validate the customer experience during the product development cycle. You will work with Square sellers and a wide variety of internal teams to develop the strategy and execute the program to confirm that from a customer perspective, we're ready to launch. Our Betas range from small feature updates to large product launches, spanning Hardware to POS to Partnerships to SaaS. Beta Managers are direct contributors, troubleshooting issues, escalating and identifying risks, and constantly engaging our Sellers to keep the feedback coming.
Global Beta Managers will work closely with a US Beta Manager and local product teams to deliver data-driven insights: You will be required to track beta participation, communicate status, and present recommendations to Product Teams. Cross-team coordination, project management and an ability to learn and understand new technology are essential.
As the first Global Beta Manager in your region, you’ll be responsible for building your local beta seller community, interacting with them in person and online, and ensuring our Square POS beta app has plenty of enthusiastic beta testers. You’ll be responsible for identifying areas for process improvement, and will have the opportunity to shape the impact of this role.
- Work with several different Product Teams and the US Beta Team to design and kick-off successful beta programs.
- Draft content, recruit the audience list, and execute email campaigns in Iterable
- Track, communicate status on, and monitor all active beta participants
- Solicit feedback from beta participants at key project milestones, craft the customer experience story and present recommendations to product teams
- Identify, escalate, and monitor bugs and issues until resolution, communicating with internal teams and sellers along the way.
- Occasionally, visit sellers onsite to troubleshoot issues, solicit feedback, and build rapport
- Give Exit Criteria recommendations for beta programs, and hold Product Teams accountable
- Work with the Bugs and Launch programs to report on launch health and success of each beta program
- Build and maintain an active community of beta testers on Seller Community and through our Square POS beta apps
- 2+ years relevant experience in project management and/or customer service
- Analytically minded, detail oriented, and skilled at problem solving and explaining complex issues
- Experience influencing critical decisions within cross-functional organisations without direct authority
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Compassionate, customer obsessed, demonstrated leader, independent
- Organised, self-motivated and proactive
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with JIRA, Salesforce, Google tools and willingness to learn basic SQL
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
More jobs at Square
- 246 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000