International Content Specialist at Square
Apply to Square
Apply to Square
The Globalisation team helps to bring Square products and services to the world. Our goal is to leverage our success in the US and deliver innovative, simple, unique, and fully localised experiences to our international customers. We are looking for a highly motivated content creator to join our fun and fast-paced team to help us shape the Square message with maximum local relevance, amplifying our brand and products in key markets around the globe.
- Interpret the global content strategy and contribute with a local perspective, tailoring our approach to be the most effective in-country.
- Adapt campaign and evergreen messaging and imagery (from our website, blog content, paid marketing and emails) to deliver assets that resonate with our customers in key verticals
- Develop original content that speaks directly to our customers in their native language and with the right level of cultural relevance
- Successfully support brand and product campaigns with an asset pipeline that addresses pre-established channel KPIs
- Transcreate assets to support product launches and ongoing campaigns, developing a pipeline for multiple paid and organic channels with digital and static assets.
- Establish a voice and tone for the local market that is consistent with our global brand
- Engage in linguistic validation as the expert in your market, upholding a high-quality bar across the asset pipeline
- 3+ years of experience in creative writing, asset localisation, and message transcreation
- Deep understanding of local market cultural dimensions and linguistic norms
- Ability to apply local cultural knowledge to create hyper-localised content
- Proven experience with global brands in a role that engages with outside agencies to manage and produce locally relevant digital and static content for a variety of channels.
- Outstanding organisational skills: the ability to handle multiple projects interacting with various stakeholders simultaneously
- Ability to identify requirements and prioritise critical deliverables
- Experience as an excellent team player in a fast-paced multi-cultural team
- Familiarity with transcreation, translation and localisation process and technology
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non technical stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail
Nice to have
- Fluency in more than 2 languages besides English
- Experience with long-form writing online (for a blog, brand or website)
- Experience with paid media marketing in print or online
- Experience with social media or email marketing campaigns
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
More jobs at Square
- 246 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000
- Sydney, NSW, 2000