Product Marketing Manager, Appointments at Square
Apply to Square
Apply to Square
The Appointments team at Square is focused on creating purpose-built tools for businesses that sell their time (think: hair stylists at salons, trainers at gyms, lawyers, contractors, etc.). On this team, we’re building brand new products on top of Square’s revolutionary payments platform to make the lives of these professionals easier and more productive, and the experience for their customers more modern and seamless. Our small, cross-functional team has already built many foundational features and are now focused on innovating and experimenting, across all platforms, and beyond traditional product lines.
We are hiring a Product Marketing Manager in our Melbourne office to accelerate the delivery and growth of Square products in the Australia and Japanese markets. We’re starting off in AU and will be launching JP later on in 2020. You will have an opportunity to make quantifiable impact on our business through leading the localisation, go-to-market strategy, and execution for the entire product. You will work closely with merchants hearing their feedback and conducting insights to advocate for feature improvements that enhance the Appointments product. This is an extremely cross-functional role that will involve collaborating with our product teams in the US as well as partnering with local stakeholders to ensure the success of our products in Australia. We are looking for someone who is customer focused and excited about helping us better serve the small businesses who use our products.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of product strategy, growth marketing, positioning and messaging, and have a track record of strong cross-functional leadership. They should also possess exceptional analytical and communication skills.
- Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage
- Help our US-based product teams engage with the Australia market and understand the experiences of the small businesses we serve
- Partner and collaborate with Product Management, Design and Engineering to ensure product strategy and feature road map support Australia market needs
- Review competitive offering and drive ongoing product differentiation
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and key messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns
- Lead the go-to-market plan, ensuring that all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximising each channel
- Develop and implement data-driven life-cycle marketing strategies to drive product growth and retention
- Track marketing program performance and optimise through continuous testing
- Roll up your sleeves, no task is too small
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years professional experience
- 5+ years working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing; strategy consulting background a plus
- Background in B2C marketing, preferably with prior experience delivering growth in consumer tech or SMB tech
- Experience in paid marketing channel strategy to drive acquisition and awareness
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing via email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/ earned channels
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a face-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
More jobs at Square
- 246 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000
- Sydney, NSW, 2000