Professional Services Associate at Square
Our mission is simple: we want to help people everywhere start, run and grow a business. We’re a fast-moving global fintech company building the tools entrepreneurs need to simplify and streamline every business process, from accepting card payments and online invoicing to inventory management, real-time analytics, employee management and powerful data reporting. Now supporting millions of businesses worldwide, Square is recognised as a leader in financial technology, currently rated third in Fast Company’s 2018 edition of the World’s Most Innovative Companies. As we continue to expand globally, we are looking to drive that innovation further by scaling our smart, dedicated and passionate workforce in new markets. Square was founded in 2009 by Jack Dorsey and Jim McKelvey and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices now operating across the United States, Canada, Japan, the UK and Australia.
Implementation Specialists are responsible for the final stages of the sales funnel, working with merchants to drive the deal through to activation and accelerate the onboarding process. Implementation Specialists leverage deep product and industry knowledge to project-manage the onboarding stage of the sales process. They are additionally instrumental in ensuring the documentation and tracking of feature requests to inform future product roadmaps. This is a customer-facing role that involves a combination of remote and onsite merchant interactions as well as certain data-entry responsibilities.
A successful Implementation Specialists will: (1) provide an incredible onboarding experience for Sellers (2) accelerate the sales cycle by specialising onboarding and training; (3) develop new efficiencies to shorten onboarding sales stage.
- Be the directly responsible individual (DRI) for driving deals through to close for deals ranging from $100k through $5M+ needing onboarding assistance.
- Execute against the onboarding process and training curriculum to hold merchants accountable to a go-live timeline.
- Proactively identify and address potential obstacles during the onboarding process, manage stakeholder communication accordingly, and create strategies for driving success.
- Maintain expertise in Squares platform and ecosystem by keeping abreast of routine product updates and releases.
- Track all merchant interaction in Salesforce.
Your typical day will include
- Remote merchant work: phone consults, advising on hardware/software/operations, staff training, menu building, account optimisation.
- Occasional onsite merchant work, including but not limited to training and hardware install.
- Data Entry: Configuring customer account, optimising menu setup, and other data entry tasks involved in getting a merchant on-boarded.
- 1+ years experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in Implementation, Support or Sales.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Infectiously positive attitude.
- Excellent time management, written & verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to learn quickly as new products are released.
- Previous Project Management experience a plus.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
More jobs at Square
- 246 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000