Software Engineer, Cash App at Square
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
As a mobile-first financial solution, we’re building industry-changing tools to give our customers financial superpowers. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and improving Cash App product features and infrastructure. This includes expansion into new markets, scaling our infrastructure, growing our Cash Card program and building out our platform to enable our engineers, data scientists and customer support folk to operate more efficiently.
- Work in a small, tight knit cross-functional team
- Have autonomy to research and achieve outcomes with support when you want it
- Support your colleagues when they want it
- Improving and expanding our applications and platforms
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to supporting production
- Scale systems to a rapidly growing customer base of tens of millions
- Prioritise maintainable code and test all the things
- Draw many boxes with arrows on whiteboards
- Collaborate with your teammates, learn from them and teach them
- Have a desire to perform and grow technically as an engineer or leader
- Thrive in ambiguity and build creative solutions to complex problems
- Have a Bachelor's degree in something computery or have equivalent experience
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- Event driven architectures
- Amazon Web Services
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning
- gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.
More jobs at Square
- 246 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000