Robotics / UAV Electrical Technician at Swoop Aero
Apply to Swoop Aero
Apply to Swoop Aero
Swoop Aero is at the forefront of a logistics transformation, using autonomous aircraft to deliver on-demand, life-changing medical supplies to nations around the world. Our goal is to revolutionise the healthcare supply chain to ensure medicine is delivered to everyone, everywhere.
Since 2017, Swoop Aero has designed, manufactured and operated autonomous aeromedical drones through a state of the art two-way, logistics network. To date, we have conducted flight operations in Vanuatu, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Australia, and expanding into Malawi and beyond.
About the role
As Robotics UAV Electrical Technician, you will have experience in digital systems, sensors and power systems to develop the vehicle avionics and ground based launch and recovery electrical designs. This is a unique opportunity for you to contribute to the future of autonomous vehicles, aviation, logistics and transportation, and make a long lasting impact to the lives of millions of people.
What you will be required to do
- Functionally test electronic sub-assemblies
- Set up PCBA tests in environmental chamber and run temperature cycles, monitoring the performance, and recording data
- Design and development of printed circuit board assemblies
- Repair PCBA’s and wiring assemblies
- Debug new PCBA’s on the bench
- Check point – to –point continuity on complicated sub assemblies
- Order and kit parts for new assemblies
- Assist in the final inspection of UAV’s including pack out
- Troubleshoot issues to root cause
- Perform other duties that may be required
- Travel on occasion
- A Bachelor Degree in a relevant engineering field, or combination of relevant coursework and experience.
- Previous work experience in electronics or electro-mechanical assemblies
- Previous work experience in troubleshooting and testing electronics to the component level
- Strong ability to demonstrate an advanced background in digital and analogue electronics
- Proficient at troubleshooting circuit boards and wire harnesses utilising schematics, wiring diagrams, and test equipment; including multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Strong capability to set up and run functional and environmental testing on both PCMA’s and system components
- Experienced at prototyping circuits and performing solder rework to a high standard – proficient with surface mount components
- Advanced use of software testng suites, Labview, Hypertrm (Networking experience is also a plus)
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Strong work ethic, high-energy and a motivated self starter
- Visual Acuity, clear attention to detail and highly diligent
If you believe you suit the criteria, are passionate about changing people’s lives and have what it takes to produce the next generation delivery system for medical supplies we would love to hear from you! Please complete the form below and attach a one page CV, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
More jobs at Swoop Aero
About Swoop Aero
- Docklands, VIC, 3008