Senior Community Operations Manager at Uber
At Uber, support is more than just answering questions. It's about using the information customers give us as insights to help Uber grow. Moreover, providing amazing support that establishes trust within our community--riders, driver partners, Uber Eats customers and delivery partners--is at the centre of the Uber customer experience. We're obsessed about providing the highest quality service, in the smartest way. And for Uber to continue its growth and success, we need to be able to not only improve but also scale our fast-growing support operations.
We're looking for a Senior Community Operations Manager to build, operate, scale and improve Community Operations for Australia and New Zealand. Based in Sydney HQ, this role comes with a heavy focus on solving problems through data analytics and leading teams to deliver stellar outcomes and continuous process improvement, mitigating risks associated with operating in a regulated environment, advocating passionately on behalf of our community to influence the overall customer experience, and managing stakeholder relationships across the larger business to set the right expectations and deliver handsomely on them.
Who you are
- An ace problem solver. You embrace challenges, and would stop at nothing to create solutions--whether they're hacky, short-term workarounds, or more long-term process changes.
- A natural leader. You are passionate about leading and developing teams to perform at the highest levels while maintaining a fun and collaborative environment.
- A brilliant communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to riders in writing, or explaining the recommendations of a data-driven study you conducted to global stakeholders through a video conference.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber's customers and are obsessed with the community experience.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- A lover of process and optimisation. You will be revolutionising support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others in iterating and executing them.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a compelling way.
What you'll do
- Be a passionate advocate for all members of Uber's community and listen attentively to their feedback so we can positively influence how we interact with them, and provide actionable insight to the rest of the company that directly impacts how Uber works.
- Lead teams of Community Operations specialists; you'll own the holistic development of a large team with its own team leads, which would require developing training modules, executing global and regional training initiatives, and performing ongoing on-the-job coaching and mentorship, in addition to owning more strategic processes such as talent management and end-to-end performance management
- Deliver stellar operations outcomes according to agreed service level agreements: ensuring our local support site in Sydney achieves the best customer outcomes for the most complex and difficult support issues our businesses encounter, especially in the face of new regulatory requirements, and ensuring our site operates as efficiently as possible while maintaining the highest level of quality.
- Building new lines of business: As our support operations expand and we take on new modalities and new customer segments, you'll be taking the lead in translating ideas on a page into reality: operationalising new lines of business, which involves standing up a team, enacting new workflows and processes, fulfilling its knowledge management needs, and seeing the launch through from incubation stage to pilot to ongoing operations
- Engage strategically with stakeholders, be it mega-regional general managers and function leads to influence business goals and priorities, central global teams to improve internal tools and the overall user experience, or local teams to improve how we move cities in Australia and New Zealand.
- Demonstrated success in people management, especially with respect to managing large teams driven by performance metrics or teams tasked to do complex problem solving
- Proven experience: whether it be in a start up, bank, consultancy, or corporate, you are someone who loves driving change in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields
- Experience with optimisation, processes, systematic organisation, program/project management; experience working in a support organisation or for organisations known for stellar customer support is a plus but not necessary
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel proficiency
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
More jobs at Uber
- 580 George Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000
- 64 Gwynne Street, Cremorne, VIC, 3121