Content Writer at UpGuard
Sydney, NSW and Remote
As a Content Writer at UpGuard, you will be researching and writing about cybersecurity. From educational pieces (What is SSL?) through to product-specific content (What are the risks of not having SSL enabled?), you’ll be helping UpGuard become the global go-to for resource for cybersecurity.
What you'll be doing
- Researching cybersecurity-related topics online
- Writing 2-4 articles per week on cybersecurity topics
- Refreshing old, stale content to keep it relevant and timely
- Preparing well-structured drafts
- Submitting work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinating with our designer to illustrate articles
- Helping identify needs and gaps in our content, and recommending new topics
- Ensuring all-around consistency (tone, copy)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- Ability to research topics using multiple sources
Nice to have
- Experience with SEO tools to help optimise articles for web traffic
- Portfolio showing previous writing experience
What's in it for you
- High level exposure to the fast-growing cybersecurity market
- Opportunity to become a world-class content expert and learn SEO from a company that knows how to use it to acquire new customers
- Work directly with the VP of Marketing, Chief Product Officer and our Design team
- Great benefits including a generous base salary and gym subsidy
- Work remotely
At UpGuard, we're building cybersecurity products that help organisations protect their information and prevent data breaches.
Founded in 2012, we have raised over $30M in VC funding to-date and have 100+ enterprise customers such as NASA, NYSE, First State Super, IAG and ADP. Our threat intelligence capabilities have lead to the discovery of data exposures cited by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, BBC and The Washington Post among other publications.
With offices in Mountain View, CA and Sydney, Australia, we're a global team of ~40 people that takes great pride in what we do.
- 235 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000