Global Support Engineer at UpGuard
UpGuard is looking for a Global Support Engineer to join our Customer Success team. Demand is going through the roof, and we're in search of Customer Support Engineers to take on challenging problems and provide an excellent UpGuard experience to our customers.
You'll analyse the causes of their greatest pain points and work with them to make them successful. You're a fast mover and thorough thinker. You solicit constant feedback from both customers and colleagues, helping improving UpGuard over time. You work with customers around the world, from early contact to successful deployment, and you gain unique insight into the world's most important industries and institutions.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be providing 1st Level Support, diagnosing our customers’ technical issues utilising our internal Knowledge Base and escalating where required
- Ensuring all requests are dealt with inline with business impact and service level agreements (SLA’s)
- Assisting the engineering and product team in reproducing issues and proposing new product enhancements
- Creating and maintain support site and Knowledge Base documentation on a regular basis
- Working with existing customers, scheduling and taking support calls and helping prospective customers through POCs or Trials
- Taking bug reports from customers via email, phone or live chat
- Verifying new product functionality through manual testing
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Level 1 support
- Familiarity providing support to customers with different SLA’s
- Sound knowledge of SQL and Scripting
- Knowledge of Internet technologies such as DNS and email configurations
- Sound understanding of how to troubleshoot and debug from problems from the top down using a variety of tools
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Strong interpersonal skills, not only internally with the team but with customers and end users
- Understanding of cyber security
- Ability to provide support from time to time outside of business hours
- Experience working in Windows or Linux business environments
- Solid understanding of IT administration concepts such as AD, DNS, DHCP, IP routing
- Familiarity with common remote access methods such as SSH or RDP
What’s in it for you
- Rapid personal and professional development this role has a growth path within the organisation to a Technical Account Manager
- Exposure and opportunities to work collaboratively across the organisation
- Great package which includes a competitive base salary, participation in the CS bonus pool and employee options (equity)
- Great perks - free lunch, flexible work arrangements and gym reimbursement program
- A great team and working environment in Sydney, Australia
At UpGuard, we're building cybersecurity products that help organisations protect their information and prevent data breaches.
Founded in 2012, we have raised over $30M in VC funding to-date and have 100+ enterprise customers such as NASA, NYSE, First State Super, IAG and ADP. Our threat intelligence capabilities have lead to the discovery of data exposures cited by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, BBC and The Washington Post among other publications.
With offices in Mountain View, CA and Sydney, Australia, we're a global team of ~40 people that takes great pride in what we do.
- 235 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000