Senior Software Engineer at UpGuard
$180k in Sydney, NSW
At UpGuard, we're building cybersecurity products that help organisations protect their information and prevent data breaches. Our software ensures that IT security, risk and vendor management teams are armed with the real-time knowledge they need to address emerging issues swiftly, whether they occur inside the organisation or via third-party vendors.
Founded in 2012, we have raised over $28M in VC funding to-date and have 100+ enterprise customers such as NASA, NYSE, First State Super, IAG and ADP. Our threat intelligence capabilities have lead to the discovery of data exposures cited by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, BBC and The Washington Post among other publications.
With offices in Mountain View, CA and Sydney, Australia, we're a global team of ~40 people that takes great pride in what we do.
About the role
In 2017 we launched our CyberRisk platform, a cutting-edge SaaS product which helps organisations protect their information and prevent data breaches. Developed in Sydney, CyberRisk now has thousands of users and continues to grow rapidly. We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join this team in Sydney.
If successful, you will
- Join a small, high-performing engineering team
- Do green-fields development as we build out new features on the platform
- Have instant impact with full ownership across the stack from frontend, backend, right up to production DevOps (React, Go, Kubernetes, GCP)
- Explore an interesting, challenging domain, mastering the fundamentals of cyber security and the internet
- Do more than code - you will work with the team and our customers to drive product design and direction
- Apply agile processes, with an adaptable and non-dogmatic approach
- Enjoy a very competitive salary and a flexible, friendly office culture in the Sydney CBD
Specific experience is not as important as the willingness to learn and make an impact. We use a modern stack of React, Go, and Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform, so experience in those technologies is a bonus.
- 235 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000