Product and Experience Designer at Whispli
Job DescriptionApply to Whispli
Whispli is a secure platform enabling individuals to anonymously report suspected misconduct or wrongdoing to organisations, creating an environment that promotes having trusted and confidential conversations. Compliance, HR and/or Legal teams from these organisations can then verify and substantiate the reported information and act upon it internally – before it becomes public and harms the organisation brand, reputation and financials.
Whispli counts hundreds of Enterprise organizations as Clients and enables 5M+ employees to speak up, which has resulted in thousands of reports on topics like fraud, corruption, sexual harassment, bullying and more. Whispli also helps these organizations to promote a culture of open feedback, which is key for employee engagement and retention. To maximize its positive social impact, Whispli is also offered to Universities, Schools, Non-Profit Organisations and Journalists.
Whispli continues to expand in Australia, and now in Europe and the US as well. We are seeking a Product Designer with a strong UX/UI background to join us as a contractor in our Sydney CBD office. This role will commence as a 4-6 week contract, and we are flexible regarding office-based or remote working.
You’ll report, and provide support to, Whispli’s Head of Product (& COO).
What you’ll do
- Re-thinking & re-designing the UI & UX for a significant part of our core Product
- Design elegant flows & interactions for a global audience across platforms.
- Work with the Head of Product to gather feedback from end-users and act on the outcomes
- Help people who use Whispli feel welcome and empowered, writing content that’s consistent with Whispli’s mission of enabling trusted conversations
- Approach all of your work with a global mindset; be an advocate for designs and language that works well globally, and work with our translation-team to improve quality
- Portfolio of designs (and writing samples) required to apply
- 3-5+ years of experience with end-to-end product design
- Excellent communication skills
- Have shipped products
- Have cross-platform design experience (Web, mobile, emails, print)
- Able to conduct user research testing
- Understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- Problem solver that requires very little guidance on projects; thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel
This role will also entail content writing so the following will be highly regarded
- Strong track record of writing nuanced, empathetic content and guidelines for handling sensitive situations
- Bulletproof writing and editing skills
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
Benefits of working with us
- We strive to be the best in our space. We move at a rapid pace and work with cutting edge technologies, to stay at the forefront.
- Work with a team that drives towards a positive social impact by empowering people with a voice and removing the fear or retaliation.
- Flexible working hours, with a focus on getting the work done, rather than working the hours.
- Serviced Office in the heart of the Sydney CBD
- Work towards outcomes instead of working through process
- 383 George Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000